2006 HSC Study Guides... (1 Viewer)

Lex818

HSC
I recently got the study guide booklist for ordering... i was wondering if these guides will help in study or they're just repeating on whats already in the text book.

there are 5 on that i can order:
- Jacaranda
- Macquarie
- Excel
- Cambridge
- Get Smart

I currently do Adv English, Maths ext 1, Drama, Chem & Bio

Could anyone advise me which subjects i should get study guides on and which one. Cheers

P

pLuvia

Macquarie for chemistry and biology. Cambridge for maths, either excel or macquarie for english

Riviet

HSC
N/A
In my opinion, the excel chem is not very useful, mainly because it's too brief. You must get the Cambridge book for maths extension 1, it has plenty of good questions of varying difficulty and has some of the harder questions I've seen in a maths textbook.
The cambridge study guides are not that useful either, from what I've seen, they are fairly brief and are targeted for those that are doing last minute study/revision.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
For english the best study guide for me at least was the one written by barbara fuller and others (under five senses education). Its the thick yellow book which covers journeys and all the modules.

Don't ever have anything to do with top notes. They're far too general .. not much better than sparknotes or gradesavers.

Hmm and try the charles sturt uni page they're excellent :)

I feel far too nice for my own good today :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)