• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2006 Maths HSC assessment No.1 (1 Viewer)

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
hey ppl
i just did my first maths assessment (hsc) and got 58%......its 10% of the HSC....that i consider was a complete disaster! u think i still have a chance in gettinga UAI in the 90's?
anyone else done their first maths hsc assessment? just wondering how u did...plz i need reassurance here.

tennille

HSC
As long as you improve in your other asessments, it is definitely possible to get a UAI in the 90s. Was your maths assessment worth 10%, or is it worth 10% of your final HSC result? Either way, it is only a small amount and you can make up for it in your next assessments. :)

P

pLuvia

Are these the topic tests things? if so they accumulate over time so each one would be worth very little so don't stress too much. Also it's not the mark that matters, it's the rank

Well I've done my 3u and 4u assessments, I don't know my 3u mark, but my 4u was 71% ranked 4th

But the rank is something to take into consideration

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
the assessment was worth 10% .....but from wat i understand only 50% of the schools mark goes towards the actual HSC.....so that means 5% of this assessment is going to my HSC!!! OMG...i hate the stupid HSC

tennille

HSC
Then you have nothing to worry about :). You have already gotten 2.9 out of 5 for this assessment. You only lost 2.1 marks.

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
Tennille said:
Then you have nothing to worry about :). You have already gotten 2.9 out of 5 for this assessment. You only lost 2.1 marks.
thanx..... i was feeling depressed, thinking that i was doomed and i have no hope of getting 90's for the HSC...
but from now on im gonna kick arses and get in the 90's ......no more slacking off!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
And 2.9 rounds up to 3 marks out of 5, therefore you have only lost 2% out of the whole hsc mark of 100. So just relax. :cool:

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
10% of hsc? but on the paper it said 15%, which is the internal mark isnt it? and isnt the internal mark worth only 50% of the total hsc, which means that the total worth of this assesment is something like 7.5%?

btw i got 76% wOOt

Riviet

HSC
N/A
angmor said:
10% of hsc? but on the paper it said 15%, which is the internal mark isnt it? and isnt the internal mark worth only 50% of the total hsc, which means that the total worth of this assesment is something like 7.5%?

btw i got 76% wOOt
Congratz and you are correct with what you asked. ;)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
No, that is not correct, actually.

It is NOT true that the internal assessments are worth 50%. What is true is that once you've sat the HSC, a new internal assessment mark is generated based on your rank internally. That is to say that: The marks from your internal assessments do not mean much, the ranks do. All the marks you get from the HSC are based entirely on how you and your class did in the HSC exam (as well as your internal rank).

Suppose that Eddy is ranked 2nd in Maths. Amy is ranked 1st. Eddy gets 90 in the final HSC exam, Amy gets 88.
Eddy's Internal mark becomes 88, his external stays at 90
Amy's Internal mark becomes 90, her external stays at 88.
An average is taken, hence both students receive 89. (A rough overview of the mechanics)

Thus while it is true that the internal mark counts for 50%, you have to be careful how you define "internal mark". These students could have gotten an average of 34% and 35% in school - but that means nothing.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
so does that mean the higher over the average i do in the internal assessments, the better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)