2006 Med entry (1 Viewer)

heyhey!

HSC
N/A
Hi im currently a HSC student and need desperate help with the Submission of the Curriculum Vitae.

As you guys know, the CV for 2006 entry has come out, and i am particularly worried about the last part; "the optional closing statement". Does anyone have any suggestions?

Just out of interest, what have past students said to: "what are your reasons for wanting to study medicine?"

Thanks for your help,

Heyhey.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
sorry u should come up with your own answer to that...because nobody can answer for you.
In regards to the "optional closing statement" it's just that- optional. Use it if you have something else to tell the faculty that you haven't had a chance to express in the CV.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
yeah, which would you prefer?
answer 1: sounds good and unique but everyone else is using it, therefore making you look foolish
answer 2: unique answer only you can come up with
bleh... just write whatever floats your boat. The interviewers will ask questions based on what you write

heyhey!

HSC
N/A
thanks, but inserno, i was just asking. no need to get overprotective or anything. But thanks for the "optional statement advice," i never did really understand what optional meant.

so is anyone going to go for the medentry/other companies CV review services?

nit

HSC
the optional closing statement isn't too important - I didn't write anything in it and got a place in the end, while others packed info into it and got in, so yes it's highly optional.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
What's this CV thing? What uni's require it?.. Wow I feel a bit dumb..

edit: never mind - found out for myself!

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
1) I can see you are very new. These questions have been answered at least twice (definitely more) before - once in 2003 and once in 2004. A quick forum search should turn up the answers you're looking for. :)

2) Epiphany - CONGRATULATIONS! That's exactly the kind of attitude that'll get you through. I'm talking about finding answers to simple questions for yourself. ;)

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Haha... heyhey dont take it too personal - the med boys just get a little *fed up* with the same questions over the years... I too have been guilty of this! (Note: that is not to say they are not to be respected! They are greatly resourceful!!)

To clear somethings up: I assume you mean UNSW Rural Entry forms? Gah! Its very exciting!

But really inasero, lex, bob j - Im not sure what to put there either? I know, I know... but what is an appropriate closing statement? "Im Monica, and I want to be a doctor. Please pick me, 'cos Im smart and I'll do a good job. Thanks again." Would we speak of - say - illnesses we have experienced (we/others have had), hospital visits...?

heyhey!

HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
1) These questions have been answered at least twice (definitely more) before - once in 2003 and once in 2004. A quick forum search should turn up the answers you're looking for.

i did search the forums. I wouldnt have started a thread without doing so. Anyway, after searching through tonnes of stuff i DID NOT find anything.

Secondly, would any1 consider reading over my CV? im not asking you guys to write it up for me, i was just asking for a bit of help!

for m111:
"I assume you mean UNSW Rural Entry forms"

lol nope, i mean the normal CV entry forms. Have they become avaliable and do they need a separate application form to the normal procedure ones? Wait, is that for rural students? im talking about the forms where u dnt pay and u have to go do something like a couple of years rural when u finish. Yea those ones, do we need a separate application form for that??

inasero

Reborn
HSC
m111, your location does not make anatomical sense! Don't you mean SUPERIOR to a chair?

ishq

brown?
HSC
^ I was just thinking the same thing like 10 minutes ago....and I even went to check up in the dictionary...

I have no life!
:D

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
hey lexi man, i can't seem to find anything either :(

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
m111 said:
Haha... heyhey dont take it too personal - the med boys just get a little *fed up* with the same questions over the years... I too have been guilty of this! (Note: that is not to say they are not to be respected! They are greatly resourceful!!)

To clear somethings up: I assume you mean UNSW Rural Entry forms? Gah! Its very exciting!

But really inasero, lex, bob j - Im not sure what to put there either? I know, I know... but what is an appropriate closing statement? "Im Monica, and I want to be a doctor. Please pick me, 'cos Im smart and I'll do a good job. Thanks again." Would we speak of - say - illnesses we have experienced (we/others have had), hospital visits...?

hmm, write something that couldn't be answered earlier...
Write something memorable, or something that they'd definitely ask a question about. One thing i noticed in the unsw interview is that they ask heaps of questions based on the answers you give.
So if you give them a lil story of what motivated you to choose med they'll ask further questions on it etc...

ishq

brown?
HSC
How tiny is the writing supposed to be? Or should I type?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Bob.J said:
hmm, write something that couldn't be answered earlier...
Write something memorable, or something that they'd definitely ask a question about. One thing i noticed in the unsw interview is that they ask heaps of questions based on the answers you give.
So if you give them a lil story of what motivated you to choose med they'll ask further questions on it etc...
best not to bs then. They did the same thing at my RAAF OSB. Im glad i did it eventhough i didnt make it, cos its pretty similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)