• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2007 Meetup time! (2 Viewers)

X

xeuyrawp

K, so I was chatting with Jamie and Mike, and we think there are a few new bosers which I think we'd all be interested in meeting.

As always, time's a problem, so I think the best thing to do would be to have it after one of the Mentor days. The best candidate is Friday Feb 9th after 4, because that's when all the leaders are planning. We could always do one of the later days, for example one of the training days (12-15) or one of the actual orientation days (20-23).

If anyone has a better suggestion, feel free to yell out. So far, I think the people who would come barring any commitments would be Mike (asylum), Lynn (glitterfairy), Jamie (cyan phoenix), Ben (kegs), and myself. New Maccers (pLuvia, melsc, etc), and old Maccers (iambored) are expected to come. :D

Ideas so far are to see a movie -- Hannibal Rising sounds good, but maybe not good for Friday... --- go to the bar, have lunch/dinner, or a combination of the above.

Ideas?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
yay. as we sort of found out, hannibal rising. which looks awesome starts at 3:55pm (and mentor day finishes at 4pm :/). So its not a certainty, but its likely we will make it (i think sandie wants to finish it a little earlier anywayz).

HSC
N/A
Friday BAD Wednesday BAD, as I work both those afternoons (starting at 3:30!!!) However if it's a day thing, that's fine.

I also dance monday and wednesday evenings... so wouldn't be able to stay later than 5 or 5:30 on those days respectively... how's thursday for everyone :p

In other news I'm there every single orientation day for the skits, so *shrug* Although if you're going to watch Hannibal Rising, I don't think I'll come... :/ *gets nightmares far too easily*

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Thursday is bad for me :(

Monday and Tuesdays are generally good. (I have to work evil shifts on Thursday - Sunday. And on Wednesday i have a shift 6-10).

So far, considering others timetables, Tuesday seems the best day (but if its on the 13th, then i can only start at 11:30 due to the panel thingy).

HSC
N/A
Tues 20th runs into orientation days, but so long as no-one is actually mentoring that day we'll be ok? (scmp is on the wednesday)

Kegs

HSC
I got the mentor on the tuesday (els) and the thursday (ics). I got the idea that Tuesday arvo/evening would be groovy, maybe like the 20th, but later due to mentoring. Lets not see Hannibal Rising, cause, well, I just dont want to. I am with Lynn on this one. Up for food/movie (just something a little lighter) or bar. New peeps, your thoughts?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Can't do it 15th or 23rd. And I'll get back when I figure out my schedule better.

HSC
N/A
oh, I'm working on the 15th too I think :/

scmp mentoring is on the 23rd. (and then I'm dashing straight to work :/, dunno about the other scmp/humanities people)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
I work 4pm-8pm mon-thurs, all day saturday :( I agree with Kegs on avoiding Hannibal Rising...maybe if the orientation days are clashing so much how about pushing it back a bit....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Or never occur like all previous attempts :p

Kegs

HSC
That sounds familiar. It shall occur. We can turn it around. 5 minute meet, marxines, O-Week. Be there.

X

xeuyrawp

Supra said:
I work 4pm-8pm mon-thurs, all day saturday :( I agree with Kegs on avoiding Hannibal Rising...maybe if the orientation days are clashing so much how about pushing it back a bit....
Pussies. :p

Well what about first week of uni?

HSC
N/A
Lynn's first semester timetable:

Mondays: Free till 2pm.
Tuesdays: Free till 11am. Free again 1-2pm.
Wednesdays: Free till 12:30pm.
Thursdays: FREE FREE FREE yay yay yay!
Fridays: Free till 2:30pm.

Saturdays: I finish at 2:30pm in Newtown, free afterwards
Sundays: Free until 3:30pm I think

X

xeuyrawp

Rob's timetable:

Ignore the GMN295 bit -- that's just so I don't forget I need to download the iLectures. I also still have no idea when I'll be doing Akkadian classes at Sydney (or if I'll actually have to go in), so I'll add that when it comes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)