2008 biology exam (1 Viewer)

fisho

HSC
Most people found the exam very easy, but they should concider that the marking criteria COULD be harsh, and their expectations of a band 6 could, realistically, be a band 4 or 5. i.e. if you havent anwered the verb (e.g EXPLAIN), then your chances of full marks in each question are likely to go down.

In a few other posts, some people were unsure about the multi-choice answers, so here they are; (let me know if you have any discrepencies about the multi choice answers - ill be happy to prove you wrong or have you prove me wrong)
1. D
2. A
3. B
4. B
5. C
6. D
7. A
8. C
9. B
10. B
11. B
12. D
13. D
14. A
15. C

I dont know if it worked, but i posted/attached the exam paper (it is in 2 parts). If it is not working, let me know. They are scanned images too, so dont complain about the quality. I also realise copyright laws are broken here - but screw it!

Im not too sure if many people realized it, but from my experience from doing the biology past papers from 1998-2007, the 2008 paper was very different -i.e. a lot less use of verbs in the questions - more use of why and how for example, and there wasnt as much knowledge required in comparison to other exams (e.g. almost no B and T cell questions!)

Anyways, i hope everyone does well, and even if you dont achieve your expected results, i wouldnt worry as there are many other career oportunities and it is ONLY school after all (its not a do or die situation) - you should be happy its over and done with!

JimmyJimJim

HSC
All your answers match what I put, except the last one, which I'm aware I got wrong.

tau281290

HSC
R u a teacher? Just wondering. you sound like one and you got the papers with u...

fisho

HSC
No probs. Glad to help.
And no, im not a teacher, but i wouldn't mind becomming a teacher (esp for bio and chemistry)
I went after the exam and asked for them, the board of studies people were happy to give me one. U should try it too for ur next exams.

Oh, by the way...'ALWAYS.DREAMING', i like that image uve got there - i have always wanted to see a part of the english course burn! (i hate JOURNEYS!!!!!)

Last edited:

hairej1

HSC
yay i put the same answers as you! lets hope theyr right :)

jealous?14291

HSC
N/A
ur allowed to walked out with the exam paper when your done anyway
...well atleast we're allowed

fisho

HSC
The BOS people at our school said that if you ask, they'll give you a new one, but u have to wait until the exam is over completely, that includes when the people with special provisions have finished (usually 15 mins max. after normal finishing time).

Sezza08

HSC
we usually all just walk out our exams without taking the papers...however those that do want them usually just pick them up after their next exams. our stage just has boxes with all the papers in them from already completed exams.. we usually all just walk straight out and talk about the exam..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)