2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Re: How many of you know Obama is half white?

sdsdsdsdsd said:
Who gives a fuck, Obama has lost, America is fucked.
I don't believe in polls
the only poll I'm watching is the north pole.
And that's melting
It's not good
hey?
huh?
the real one?

....biiiyyyeeee

BackCountrySnow

HSC

zimmerman8k said:
Scientists can't agree on any way of categorizing humans by race.

We are able to classify animals into species quite well, and some species by race, but not humans.

The gene pool is now very diverse. Almost no one can be said to be "purely" of any race.

So inevitably, it does come down to social constructs. It comes down to how we look and to cultural and religious practices we use to define ourselves, not hard science.
What a peculiar idea. And yet, it makes such sense....

HSC

zimmerman8k said:
Scientists can't agree on any way of categorizing humans by race.

We are able to classify animals into species quite well, and some species by race, but not humans.

The gene pool is now very diverse. Almost no one can be said to be "purely" of any race.

So inevitably, it does come down to social constructs. It comes down to how we look and to cultural and religious practices we use to define ourselves, not hard science.
A+

I am going to copy paste and save this explanation.

srsly :(

Scissors

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Or to put it another way, can those who mocked me on the previous page put forward a model by which the majority of humans can be categorized into racial groups?
dude, i wasn't at all mocking you. i was 100% serious.

SpoonSamba

HSC
another reason i want mccain to win

every time he fuks up we can go

'ah mccain, u've done it again'

bigboyjames01

Banned
HSC
this is probably one of my very few srs critical analysis of obama.

now obama does to me seems more like a leader of some historic revolution rather than someone who could get down to the nitty gritty of policy and administrative work involved with being the president. He inspires with his prose and poetry, he gives a goody goody feeling to people by saying things which from a philosophical point of view sounds great but from a practical point of view, don't make a whole lot of sense. His speeches are full of generalized messianic claims of how the world will become greener and sky will become bluer and sun will come out etc. etc. when he will become president. Its all very heart warming and inspiring but where is the experience, where is the evidence to suggest that he made one tough decision in his political career, when did ever voted against his party line. Most of the votes in his Illinios senate seat on issues were "present", not yes or no, showing just how from the begining he cared more about being careful in his career as to not hurt himself politically rather than making any tough decisions.

He is no doubt very intelligent and ran one of the best most savvy political campaign in history and will likely be a quick learner at the job but I think the american people are setting themselves up for a big disappointment. There are so many expectations out of Obama and a lot of it because of his rosy speeches, that when a few months will pass by and not much different would happen, this whole media and public love affair will come crashing down. Sure, as someone who likes being popular he will do things to keep himself popular in the media and public, like passing some feel good bill or making some feel good promise, all the tax cuts for the poor and hikes for rich, sound good, but in the long run are those things going to be beneficial or harmful for the country ? we will wait and see.

Jessica14

HSC
(I'm not sure if this has been spoken about yet.)

I'm watching the elections on Fox News right now. The anchorwoman released breaking news that the judge in the Military ballots case has ruled that the ballot forms be preserved and has adjourned the case to the 10th November to rule if they will be counted or not.

If the winning margin in Virginia is less than 1000 votes, they may not have a result on these elections until the judge rules that these votes will be added to the final count in Virginia.

Here's a link to the explanation of the case:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/11/ap_military_ballots_110308/

Last edited:

PC

HSC
N/A

Has the UN sent any representatives in to ensure that this is a fair and free election?

There are already cases of vote rigging or vote supression. In one case it was mentioned that pamphlets were sent out asking people to vote on Wednesday instead of Tuesday because of the expected high numbers.

Greatest democracy in the world? My a**e!

By the way, the largest democracy in the world is India and the oldest democracy in the world is Iceland.

Ah McCain, you've done it again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)