26 hours of study per week too much for year 11? (1 Viewer)

Jack123$

HSC
So I read somewhere that 2 hours of study per unit every week is needed to perform well in year 11.

For me, this would mean English Adv, Maths Adv, PDHPE, Italian Continuers, and Physics would be 4 hours a week each, and Eng Ext, Maths Ext, and SOR would be 2 hours a week each. Making 26 hours overall for a week.

Is this true or could I be wasting my time with this much study?

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
So I read somewhere that 2 hours of study per unit every week is needed to perform well in year 11.

For me, this would mean English Adv, Maths Adv, PDHPE, Italian Continuers, and Physics would be 4 hours a week each, and Eng Ext, Maths Ext, and SOR would be 2 hours a week each. Making 26 hours overall for a week.

while i’m not sure about all of your subjects, i can tell you that i hardly did any study AT ALL in year 11 (except for assessments) and i still came first in most of my subjects. i’m sure it would take a bit more effort than i did for your subjects since they’re more difficult, but i don’t think anywhere near 26h/week is necessary for year 11. you’ll just burn yourself out for year 12.

vajayjay

HSC

Absolutely not true.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC

Ngl only study as much as you need to in order to understand and remember what you learn

Jack123$

HSC
Ngl only study as much as you need to in order to understand and remember what you learn
Thanks! I am now thinking 2 hours a day on weekdays would be more than enough - 1 hour for memorization of things learnt that day, and 1 hour of Maths (I wanna do really well as I wanna do Ext 2 in year 12)
And then weekends will be for assignments and reviewing content.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Thanks! I am now thinking 2 hours a day on weekdays would be more than enough - 1 hour for memorization of things learnt that day, and 1 hour of Maths (I wanna do really well as I wanna do Ext 2 in year 12)
And then weekends will be for assignments and reviewing content.
1hr memorisation too much if ur leaning towards the asian quintet. Use that time to do more excercises/past papers. Memorisation is really only needed as its own category of 'study techniques' for your english and maybe if you bio, business studies, or like idfk some white girl subject (like history maybe)

Jack123$

HSC
1hr memorisation too much if ur leaning towards the asian quintet. Use that time to do more excercises/past papers. Memorisation is really only needed as its own category of 'study techniques' for your english and maybe if you bio, business studies, or like idfk some white girl subject (like history maybe)
May I ask what the Asian Quintet is?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)