2u Maths or General Maths (1 Viewer)

Italian_27

HSC
Hey,
I am having trouble deciding whether to drop to general or not i have completed two test and in the first one i got 41% with the years average being 60% (worth 15% of school based assessment). In the second test i tried hard to do well but only got 60% with the years average being 52% (worth 25% of school based assessment ). My rank overall for the two test is 43/72 . I am doing 12 units and this is definitely at this rate the one that won't count... Would appreciate any help :) thanks

SuperMike96

HSC
If you keep doing 2U maths you may spend extra time trying to improve that mark and end up neglecting your other subjects. If you drop down to general maths then you will have to catch up on prelim and HSC work which will probably require equally as much work. However, you have the option of dropping maths all together. This would allow you to focus on other subjects. However, if you really want to do maths, I would suggest dropping to general.

mac1996

HSC
Dont drop to general. Its never too late to improve. I strongly suggest to get a tutor and work hard on 2u. 2u is pretty much the same difficulty as general. However, not only will 2u help you in university but it can also help lift your atar up.

Last edited:

Maryanayeah

HSC
Don't do general, unless you are good with complicated sentences & figuring out what they want ahahah

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Too late to drop to General. General is not the same difficulty as 2U - it is a very different syllabus, with hardly any maths content to be called an HSC math subject. Anyway you have to get help, as suggested above, or not do it. Since you have come this far, why not get someone to help identify your weaknesses and see if you can work on remediating your deficiencies.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)