• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2u v 3u (1 Viewer)

Kyroth***

HSC
I was just thinking about awards such as 1st in the state and stuff. In yr 11 at my school, if you did ext 1, you weren't eligable for the 2u award at presentation night, only people who did just 2u were. Is that how it works statewide? Or can 3u ppl get 1st in the state in 2u?

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Kyroth*** said:
I was just thinking about awards such as 1st in the state and stuff. In yr 11 at my school, if you did ext 1, you weren't eligable for the 2u award at presentation night, only people who did just 2u were. Is that how it works statewide? Or can 3u ppl get 1st in the state in 2u?
haha no.

the first in the state is the one who is rightfully first (ie.. always a 3unit student)

klaw

HSC
Kyroth*** said:
that is not fair to the 3U ppl

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
klaw said:

happens in my school aswell.

But it doesnt happen with English... so its pretty slack.
All the people that do non-science /maths subjects get 100 awards but never the highest uai.

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
klaw said:
i agree i mean were doing the extra work... we should be recognised for it... it would me understandable if this was the case with 4u people since they dont get assessed on the 2u but 3uniters are doing the 2u tests as well!! hehe sorry im passionate about my 3u

klaw

HSC
haboozin said:
happens in my school aswell.

But it doesnt happen with English... so its pretty slack.
All the people that do non-science /maths subjects get 100 awards but never the highest uai.
exactly... the award system is really screwed up... getting 10th in 4U is much better than getting 1st in general maths, yet the person coming 10th get nothing and the person coming 1st in general gets an award...

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
klaw said:
exactly... the award system is really screwed up... getting 10th in 4U is much better than getting 1st in general maths, yet the person coming 10th get nothing and the person coming 1st in general gets an award...
You get a better UAI at the end of it.

klaw

HSC
yes, but unlike the UAI, awards aren't a fair indication of academic performance

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Awards are an internal thing to celebrate the students who came in the top in the respective subjects, they are not intended to show who is going to do the best in the HSC. Why shouldnt someone who tops general maths get an award and someone who comes 10th in 4 unit not get anything?

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
klaw said:
yes, but unlike the UAI, awards aren't a fair indication of academic performance
Neither are actually a fair indication of academic performance or intelligence, really.

damo676767

HSC
As a 4unit student oue school does things really weird

at the mid year awards 4 unit students are eliajable for 3 unit awards

and 3 unit students are eliajable for 2 unit wards

so 2 unit students get nothing and 3 unit studenst only get 2 unit awards

but at the end of year, it has to be a 2 unit student that gets the 2 uint award, 3 gets 3 and 4 gets 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)