3 text warning. (1 Viewer)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Given the difficulty the English teachers are having in sepparating the candiature, and the insistance on Paper II's Section II asking for 3 additional, this is just a warning that we can be asked for 3 additional texts or 3 set texts. <3

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Meldrum said:
Given the difficulty the English teachers are having in sepparating the candiature, and the insistance on Paper II's Section II asking for 3 additional, this is just a warning that we can be asked for 3 additional texts or 3 set texts. <3
I really do sincerely doubt that will happen. It's difficult enough to talk about four texts (two prescribed, two related) in-depth in an hour - no way in hell will they ask for 5 or 6.

As confirmed by the dude who wrote the RFTG syllabus at an Extension 1 seminar, if they do ask for more than two prescribed, they'll ask for the additional one in the creative section - but he even said that's unlikely owing to the fact that it'd be an administrative nightmare.

Oh, and Paper 2 never asked for 3 additional in Module C, the Module requiring additional texts. It asked for three poems/whatnot from a prescribed set text in Module B.

tennille

HSC
Meldrum said:
It definitely wouldn't be 3 set texts. You need to do your own research.

Stomping Ground

Complicated name, no gain
HSC
Actually, in Module B it was 3 poems, which meant 3 crtitcal readings of the poems. Most schools are taught an overveiw of all poems incalse one is specified, and so have one critical reading in deatil of their chosen poem, and one reading which can be adapted to other poems. So the third reading throws off many students.

Luckily, I had 3 detailed readings for 3 poems...

But for this, i think its VERY unlikely we will be asked to do 5+ texts.

rusty_rouge

HSC
Yeah how likely is that gonna be happening? They want good essays, in depth, not ones that just touch on crap...

jennylim

HSC
apparently once (old syllabus) they asked for 2 texts for years and years....and then asked for 3. throwing everyone for an absolute loop.

i dunno, i'm preparing p&p, n&s and browning just in case.

stargaze

HSC
Hmm, I called the advice line awhile ago I was told that it was "very unlikely" to get 3 prescibed asked. I called today and was told to prepare 3 prescribed and 3 related.

Well, I can wing a Browning, it would be crap tho, but I don't have a third related text at all (who really does?!). I'm just going to go over a bit of Browning and hope that I won't have to use it tomorrow.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
stargaze said:
Hmm, I called the advice line awhile ago I was told that it was "very unlikely" to get 3 prescibed asked. I called today and was told to prepare 3 prescribed and 3 related.

Well, I can wing a Browning, it would be crap tho, but I don't have a third related text at all (who really does?!). I'm just going to go over a bit of Browning and hope that I won't have to use it tomorrow.
I think all of 4 out of 4000 students will have prepared 3 prescribed and 3 related.

TheHeretic

c_james said:
I think all of 4 out of 4000 students will have prepared 3 prescribed and 3 related.
Yeah. I've prepared 2PT, 2OT and a few oher OT's to chuck in there.

jennylim

HSC
c_james said:
Haha - I've prepared 3 prescribed and 3 related (a Shelley poem, Vanity Fair and the Jane Eyre movie) - but I think it might take me about 2 hours to write an essay on all that. They couldn't possibly ask for textS of your own choice if they ask for three prescribed, can they? They'd say at least ONE text.

Well, I'd hope so anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)