5 weeks left of year 10...what are they going to teach??? (1 Viewer)

the_lebtalian

HSC
With no school certificate we have to stay longer than year tens from other school years and i guess we are the guinea pigs of the school. Any of yous have an idea what we are going to learn and do? The yearlies are over so we can't exactly study for exams...

Aysce

HSC
At my school, we just moved on with the optional topics in mathematics such as circle geometry, logs and etc. Learn these well and set a nice foundation for year 11 maths if you choose it :) Other than that, there really isn't much to do. My brother in year 10, alternatively is using his time to accelerate himself in year 11 maths which is a good choice. I recommend it.

kev-kun

HSC
Well as far as my school goes, we have exams (now), week 7 is work experience, and weeks 8 and 9 are like preliminary preliminary, and then HOLIDAYS!! XD

ZeeZee3

HSC
Yea, do what everyone does. Download 10 gbs of movies and sit in class having a movie marathon. Either that or get a head start with ur yr 11 work and start reading through the topics you gonna be doing next year.

Aysce

HSC
Yea, do what everyone does. Download 10 gbs of movies and sit in class having a movie marathon. Either that or get a head start with ur yr 11 work and start reading through the topics you gonna be doing next year.
Enjoy the rest of year 10 but if you want to do something constructive, there's always this. It doesn't really matter if you don't but it'd be good to get into a rhythm for year 11/12 :)

bob_carter

HSC
I am stuck in a very difficult situation about whether or not to move schools and i need recommendations.
I just started year 11 a week ago. This is because the school implemented the 3+3 hsc system where a student does their hsc for 3 subjects after one year( end of 2013) and the next 3 subjects in the following year(end of 2014).This means that i will be finishing my prelim. at the end of term 1 next year and will be starting my hsc course at the start of term 2. I have picked legal, business & 2u maths for my first year of this new system&3u maths, adv.english&economics for my 2nd year of this new system. I am a smart student because of tutoring and study & the teachers & resources @ my school are good. I am just wondering whether i should move schools or not because i have got accepted into all saints(which has the traditional hsc system) but i am just worried about this new 3+3 hsc system. So should i move schools or not? Please help me with thoughts and recommendations. Thanks

bob_carter

HSC
i am a new member and i don't know how to start a thread so sorry i posted here

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Enjoy the rest of year 10 but if you want to do something constructive, there's always this. It doesn't really matter if you don't but it'd be good to get into a rhythm for year 11/12 :)
I reckon they should enjoy, plenty of time to get ahead in Yr 11 if they so wish.

Year 10 with no school left was a glorious time :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
For sure - I could really go for another week of year 10 right about now.
As could I, Year 10 was actually one of my funnest years of HS. (Year 12 first of course but minus the HSC part) YEar 10, no stressing about work or anything just fun, fun times with friends especially at the end of the year.

I think the most boring year of HS was yr 9 tbh for me personally.

Aysce

HSC
I reckon they should enjoy, plenty of time to get ahead in Yr 11 if they so wish.

Year 10 with no school left was a glorious time :)
Agreed.

As could I, Year 10 was actually one of my funnest years of HS. (Year 12 first of course but minus the HSC part) YEar 10, no stressing about work or anything just fun, fun times with friends especially at the end of the year.

I think the most boring year of HS was yr 9 tbh for me personally.
Year 9/10 were the greatest years!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed - but I will say year 11 and 12 were good minus the HSC. Year 8 was the worst for me.
Year 8 can be a weird year, you're not Yr 7 so everything is not new and shiny, and in Year 8 (and to extent Yr 9) there is less stuff going on. But I absolutely adored my Year 8 class, and had pretty good teachers that year. Plus, got to be in with the bunch of people I still get along best with today, like my best friend, we were in diff Yr 7 classes but all the same classes Yr 8-10 :)

I didn't really like Year 11, it was novel at first not doing all the old subs and that but I dunno.

But Year 12 (minus HSC) is the best year you will have. People bond way more and there's always something on.

Focus is Key

HSC
Year 10>Year 11>>>>>>>Year 7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Year 8>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Year 9

ChrisMueller

HSC
Uni Grad
Get your texts for English next year and read them. :p It will make Year 11 so much more stressless - you don't have time to worry about English. :D

saysesame

HSC
I am stuck in a very difficult situation about whether or not to move schools and i need recommendations.
I just started year 11 a week ago. This is because the school implemented the 3+3 hsc system where a student does their hsc for 3 subjects after one year( end of 2013) and the next 3 subjects in the following year(end of 2014).This means that i will be finishing my prelim. at the end of term 1 next year and will be starting my hsc course at the start of term 2. I have picked legal, business & 2u maths for my first year of this new system&3u maths, adv.english&economics for my 2nd year of this new system. I am a smart student because of tutoring and study & the teachers & resources @ my school are good. I am just wondering whether i should move schools or not because i have got accepted into all saints(which has the traditional hsc system) but i am just worried about this new 3+3 hsc system. So should i move schools or not? Please help me with thoughts and recommendations. Thanks
Hey bob_carter, welcome to BoS!
If you're happy with the teachers, the resources and the environment at your school, then I think you should stay in your current school. A few of my friends have moved to private schools simply because it was a private school and they'd won a scholarship, then regretted it afterwards. It all depends on school you're thinking of changing to (i.e. All Saints) and how it compares to your current one, so do a little research online and ask people who are attending or have attended the school. In regards to the 3+3 system, I reckon it would take a while to get use to but it comes down to how flexible you are and your time management skills.

You can try creating a new thread in the Year 11 forum to get more responses! In the forum 'New South Wales (HSC)', go to 'Year 11 - Preliminary HSC', then click on 'General Discussion on the Preliminary HSC'. On that page you should see a button on the upper left, underneath an advertisement, which says '+ Post new thread'. Then type in what you want to ask, post, and you're done! :)

Wonder

HSC
Get your texts for English next year and read them. :p It will make Year 11 so much more stressless - you don't have time to worry about English. :D
My school still hasn't decided what texts we're doing next year. xD

russ3l

HSC
Right now, the best years are as the following:
Year 10
Year 7
Year 9
Year 8

I sure hope Yr11+12 are better than the above :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)