6th in the state for Eng Ext 2 2009 and Student received an ATAR of 99.95 in 2010 (1 Viewer)

extasie

HSC
Keeping it short and sweet, I was 6th in the State in Eng Ext 2 in my HSC. My highest achieving student (Udit Nindra) received an ATAR of 99.95 in 2010. Another student (in year 10) got full marks in his yearlies at English at Hurlstone Agricultural and another student is first in James Ruse (Year 12 2011) in English Advanced, receiving full marks in her first assessment task. I'm a tutor for a coaching college on saturdays but does private tutoring on sundays. I'm studying English at Tertiary level at Usyd and have taught over 60 students to date (both in classes and privately).

Below is a quick questionnaire I asked Udit to fill out for me after we received his marks:

Hey Tasie,

Were you happy with your English Mark?

Yes, of course!!

Do you think i fulfilled my duty as your tutor?

Yes, marking and guidance was excellent. Really allowed me to hone in on areas that needed improvement and thus improve dramatically - esp in creative, you know how bad i was when i started.

Do you think my rate was fair?

Yes, $40 an hour, is sweet.

What did you like about my english classes?

Hmm... uhm, I guess the feedback was essentially what I came to you for. Because a lot of the time, you were really marking my essays rather than actually teaching me theory... so it was more stylistic points and phrasing of words in my case, so I'm not sure about this. But I guess the extensive feedback is the reason why I suceeded, and I owe you big time for that. Thanks.

How could my english classes be improved?

For me, the experience was great. Seriously, so i have no improvements that I could mention.

Again, I would like to say thanks for all you've done for me. Without your help, guidance and support, there's no way I would've hit 94 in english, and hence would've fallen short of 99.95. So yeah, thanks Tasie, thanks a lot... =D

Yeah, you can use as a reference.
Oh, if you didn't know already:

Atar: 99.95

HSC Marks:
English: 94
Chem: 95
Phys: 96
Bio: 97 (2nd in the state)
Ext 1 Maths: 99
Ext 2 maths: 99 (6th in the state)

Thanks heaps tas, owe you big time for what you've done. Cheers.

Udit.

Udit_nindra@yahoo.com.au

Please feel free to email him if you have any questions about me.

Currently my rate is $30 for juniors (privately) and $40 for seniors. I do classes for $16 at a tutoring college but i'm only a voluntary tutor there. Due to the high volume of students i have, i am unable to travel (one class after another) but since some of my students are on holidays and my year 12s have graduated i do have a few spots free. If the number of students increase too dramatically i will combine two students together in one session (at a discounted rate per student) or $60 an hour for private tutoring.

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to call or email me.

misstasie_mbh@optusnet.com.au
0405176033 (I will be unable to pick up your call if i am working so please leave a voicemail message with your name and number and i will get back to you asap)

All the best for your HSC!!

love,
Miss Tas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)