• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

70 aligned (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
What would you need for an aligned 70 in four unit maths as a raw mark/

50%? or less :$ say less :$ please :'(

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
70 aligned wud n around 50% but dont count on it it depends on the exam

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
As Supra said, it is exam dependant. I woul say between 40% and 50% on an average exam ...

fush

HSC
i thought it would be less than 50%.....like around 40%...but then again i know nothing

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
our teacher said get 5 questions out and u are home
so thats 75 plus then all the other marks u can pick up for bits in q 6-8

so i dunno i am guessing 85 or above should get u a band 6

sub

yeah, but that's only if u ace the first 5...there's always silly mistakes and some parts u cant do...try to get through the first 6, and hope that u got most of them right. any from 7 and 8 are bonus marks :)

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i reckon if ur lucky a mark of 30-35 will get up. we had a guy 2 yrs ago with a raw of 45, scaled 98.

sub

how do u kno their raws dougie? u dont get told that...or are talking abt the trials? i think that's bs too...45 going to 98 is a bit extreme even for 4u

sub

actually the site i gave isnt worked solutions....anyone know where i can find them? for 02 and 03 maths ext 2 papers? thnx and gooduck tomoro guys :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
OLDMAN has solutions on his site, well his review with answers neway but yeh, link is on main page

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
Dougie said:
i reckon if ur lucky a mark of 30-35 will get up. we had a guy 2 yrs ago with a raw of 45, scaled 98.
lol , never
not in an hsc

2 years ago was 02

which is the one i want answers forrrrrrrrrrrr

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
sub, sub, sub...
remember what i told u about school's money going a long way!
we know most of the marks, be it raw, or scaled, exam or assessment, uai contibution or not.
as for the papers, if this site or the BoS doesn't have it, i don't know where... maybe some school site?

sub

thas rite gordo, someone will answer one day...sry bout the shit link...fukn BOS no real answers...

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
lol

The World’s Toughest Math Test
(also, Volume by Slicing and Harder Probability)
E. Reyes, Mudgee NSW

“Every year, on the first Saturday in December, 2,500 of the most brilliant college students in North America take what may be the hardest math test in the world. How tough is it? Although there are only 12 questions, the test lasts six hours. And although these are the best and brainiest young minds America has to offer, the median score on last year’s test was 1 point. Out of a possible 120.
The Putnam is arguably the most prestigious math contest in the world. Do well, and you’ll earn the envy of your peers, and the inside track on a future Nobel. Do badly and –well, don’t feel too bad. John Nash took the test twice and never scored among the top five... Past winners include Richard Feynman and Kenneth Wilson, two Nobel prizewinners. Three Putnam winners have won the Fields Medal, the highest honor a mathematician can receive.” TIME magazine December 23, 2002.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)