98 ATAR good enough for dentistry? (1 Viewer)

jimjam789

HSC
Would a 98 ATAR be good enough to get into dentistry at any unis? I don't mind the uni but I would most like to get into UQ. Keep in mind this is assuming I am gonna get a 3000 UCAT score and am doing Extension 2 Maths (UQ gives bonus points for this if I am not mistaken).

icycledough

HSC

From the website above, they say the median ATAR without adjustment points was 99.15 for the September intake going into 2022 (obviously with adjustment points that would have been a .95, but you'll have to contact them about how their adjustment points work). But generally, you should aim for 99+. As there is no interview, I'd assume the required UCAT would be quite high (for 2020 entry, it was 89th percentile, but this will definitely increase as general percentiles increase as well). Keep in mind that offers are made solely on your UCAT score, where the ATAR must be like a cut-off/threshold or something.

I was also interested as to why you preference UQ instead of some of the NSW unis like USYD or CSU

jimjam789

HSC
From the website above, they say the median ATAR without adjustment points was 99.15 for the September intake going into 2022 (obviously with adjustment points that would have been a .95, but you'll have to contact them about how their adjustment points work). But generally, you should aim for 99+. As there is no interview, I'd assume the required UCAT would be quite high (for 2020 entry, it was 89th percentile, but this will definitely increase as general percentiles increase as well). Keep in mind that offers are made solely on your UCAT score, where the ATAR must be like a cut-off/threshold or something.

I was also interested as to why you preference UQ instead of some of the NSW unis like USYD or CSU
Well I guess the I don't have confidence to get a high 99 which is required for like USYD and CSU's location is a bit ehhh, like I prefer a more lively and urban region to stay in.

icycledough

HSC
I mean, you have a full year left, so there's nothing to say you can't get a 99+ ATAR. Just put in the work, be consistent, and let the rest take care of itself. Definitely agree that CSU, being in Orange, can be a big change if you are a suburban or city resident like myself. USYD as well has a ridiculously high ATAR, just like with every course in USYD for some reason

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Well I guess the I don't have confidence to get a high 99 which is required for like USYD and CSU's location is a bit ehhh, like I prefer a more lively and urban region to stay in.
it's low 99 if you apply for E12 : P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)