99.55 ATAR | 100 UMAT | Physics Olympian | Physics/Math 1-on-1 tutoring! (1 Viewer)

springbottom

HSC
Hi! I'm Joshua Lin, thanks for viewing my thread!

There's a few major facts you should know about me:
  1. I'm offering tutoring in HSC/Prelim Maths (Extension 2, Extension 1 and General) and Physics, and also Math tutoring for any students who aren't in year 11 yet.
  2. I'll be leaving Australia to study at the University of California, Berkeley, for the 2016 Fall program at the end of July, 2016 (Week 3 Term 3). Whilst this may not seem like such a long time, I'm sure I can teach a lot of exciting things in that period of time! If you have any plans for studying overseas, I can also offer you help in applying for international universities.
  3. In 2015, I participated in the Australian National Physics Olympiad Competition, won a gold medal, and was chosen on a team of 5 to represent Australia in the International Competitions (where I won a silver medal in the Asian Physics Olympiad Competition, and a bronze medal in the International Physics Olympiad Competition). Due to this, even though I am only a recent graduate, I have a strong background in both Mathematics and Physics.
  4. I am a graduate of James Ruse High School, and I scored an ATAR of 99.55 and a UMAT of 100. (I was also an all-rounder) I'll be offering tuition in Mathematics and Physics (Though if you need any help with UMAT preparation or English, I would also be glad to help, as I did Extension 2 English in year 12). In the two main subjects I coach (Mathematics and Physics), I scored the following: 96 for Extension 2 Mathematics, 98 for Extension 1 Mathematics, 95 for Physics.
  5. I've had extensive experience teaching others in the past. Since 2012 (when I was promoted to corporal in the school's cadet program), I've been teaching cadets weekly on topics ranging from fieldcraft to firstaid. Throughout 2015 I tutored the James Ruse physics Olympiad program, not only teaching the skills to be a good physicist, but also a passion for the subject. Since 2015 I have also been privately tutoring several students.
  6. I'd be more than glad to give a free first trial lesson!

I live in Eastwood, and I'm offering $35 an hour for 1 on 1 coaching. I live in Eastwood, and would be happy to do coaching at any major library (Eastwood, Epping, Parramatta, Chatswood, pretty much anywhere with a train station), or if you prefer peace and quiet, then either my house or your house is fine, message me at joshua.z.lin@gmail.com for more details! If you have any questions (about HSC, applying overseas, UMAT preparation, what courses I'm taking, what university is like, what I ate for breakfast, anything really) don't be afraid to message me!

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)