99.6 ATAR Maths, Chemistry, English, Spanish, Art (1 Viewer)

spreadthelove

HSC
I'm Amelia Lee and I graduated in 2016 as an all-rounder with an ATAR of 99.6. With three years of tutoring experience, I've tutored students from Years 4-12 with a variety of different abilities and goals. I'm passionate about learning and teaching and will always go the extra mile to help you achieve your definition of success. I am in the NSW South Coast region but offer distance tutoring over Skype. I studied four of my subjects through distance education, so I can help you with motivation, study skills, time-management and independent research and learning. Also, I will share the extensive notes that I have from Sydney Distance Education as well as those that I wrote. Contact me for more info or enquiries :biggrin:

Price: $40/hr + free assessment/get-to-know-each-other phone call or face-to-face meeting

Subjects offered:
  • English Advanced
  • Mathematics (2U)
  • Mathematics Ext1 (3U)*
  • Spanish (All levels)
  • Chemistry
  • Visual Arts
Advanced English texts studied:
AOS: The Motorcycle Diaries
ModA: The Great Gatsby/Sonnets From the Portuguese
ModB: Hamlet
ModC: The Crucible
Of course I can help you with whatever texts you're studying, however I have more information on the ones above.

A note about English... I'll be the first to admit that I did not enjoy the Advanced English course. I found it horribly contrived and uninteresting. Above that, essay writing never came easily to me and the BOSTES method of textual analysis grates on me like nothing else. Because of this I spent a disproportionate amount of my time studying English and deriving methods and formulas for textual analysis and essay writing that worked for me and fit the marking schemes. In the end I topped my class of 130 with a mark of 94. If you're like me and have little passion for English studies but want that high ATAR, I can most definitely help you get with less effort than I spent.

Chemistry elective topic: Industrial Chemistry

Visual Arts
Medium: Drawing
Artists studied: Ben Quilty, Julie Rrap, Chris O'Doherty, Shaun Gladwell, Jeff Koons

Spanish
In 2015, I ranked 5th in the state for Beginners Spanish. I continued studying formally for one year before living with a family in Peru for 4 months. I am not a native speaker but I can communicate myself fluently through speech and writing and native speakers praise me for my neutral accent and correct use of grammar. I am very familiar with both the beginners and continuers HSC courses.

*I also studied Mathematics Ext2 but, as I completed all levels of mathematics in 2015 and due to the complexity of Ext2, I do not feel comfortable tutoring this level.

Call me on 0408710435 or email at amelia_lee@bigpond.com

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)