99.80 | State Ranking Visual Arts Tutor (1 Viewer)

jeunejaune

HSC
Hello! My name is Lilian and I’m offering my services as a HSC Visual Arts tutor. I
graduated in 2014 with an ATAR of 99.80 and an All Rounders’ Award, and
do you know what my best subject was? Yes, that one about colouring things in and
looking at pictures: Visual Arts. I received a mark of 99 and came 7th in the state
for it.

Perhaps you’re passionate about art and creativity, but you’re concerned about the
theory side of things. Or perhaps you love art history and excel in essays, but
you’re not so sure about your art making. I know art students are often better in
one aspect of the course than the other, and I can help you with both. My Body of
Work, selected for ARTEXPRESS, consisted of three large oil paintings - two portraits
and a landscape - painted in a realistic style. Realistic painting is my forte and I will
pedantically (though lovingly) give you constructive criticism about technique should
you come to me for advice with a major work of similar style. I can suggest
influential artists and help hone your concept and rationale, egg you on to ensure
you’re making regular progress, as well as hint at ways to fill up your VAPD so it
looks as legit and impressive as possible for the markers.

For the theoretical component, I have the strong critical foundation of having studied
four units of HSC English. (My HSC marks for Adv/Ext 1/Ext 2 respectively were
96/47/48...I offer tutoring for English too!) The key is to treat the artwork exactly
like a visual text on the conceptual level, but balance that with analysis of formal
principles, mediums and techniques, and/or detailed consideration of the Conceptual
Framework, Artist Practice, or Frames, depending on the question. I have a wealth
of quality notes (many of a tertiary level), case studies, past papers and artist mini-
essays (my modus operandi for exam extended responses – just throw together a
few of them that have strong links to each other). I can also teach you sure-fire
techniques to ace Section 1 of the HSC paper, ways to structure a Visual Arts essay,
and the ability to critically analyse and evaluate in both short and extended
responses.

I’m based in the St George area, and I’m available to tutor at
-Hurstville Library
-Kogarah Library
-Penshurst Library
-Campsie Library
-Burwood Library
-State Library
-Fisher Library
-Give me a location and we can figure something out!

I've had students who've achieved fantastic results, including having Visual Arts as
their highest-scoring subject in their HSC, and even achieving state rankings. This is
definitely a subject you can excel in! Shoot me an email at lilian.ma3@hotmail.com and I'll get
back to you for a free introductory lesson.

Cheers,

Lilian

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)