99.85 UNSW Med/JRAHS - Tutoring Chemistry, Physics, Maths2U (1 Viewer)

choccie monster

HSC
Hi all,

I am a fourth-year medical student at studying Medicine at UNSW.

In my HSC, I achieved a UAI of 99.85 (see below) with band 6 results in 16 units; and attended James Ruse, earning an Australian Student Prize and Premier's Award for All-Round Excellence. At university, I earned the UNSW prize for Best Overall Performance in Medicine Phase I (i.e. first overall in medicine in first and second year).

I live near Epping/Carlingford, and have been tutoring Chemistry, Physics and Maths for three years now. I am employed by UNSW as a lab demonstrator for anatomy, pathology and embryology, teaching first to fourth year medical students also.

This year, I am undertaking my Honours research year in anatomy; which gives me flexibility to take on additional students.

My focus in HSC tutoring is to work through the syllabus point by point and concentrate on answering technique. I make sure my students understand the basic concepts so that they can explain them under exam pressure. My former students enjoyed my tutoring style, particularly my hand-written summaries and conceptual overviews. And I foster good habits so you're less likely to lose easy marks.

But above all of that, I keep lessons down-to-earth, and lend you as much support as I can. Teaching is a huge passion of mine - I currently run pro bono clinical/basic science tutorials for medical students, and also work as a casual employee of UNSW (see above).

Interested? Here's the lowdown.

I take lessons at Epping/Macquarie University/UNSW Library, my place (Epping/Carlingford), or your house (if nearby).

Rates:
I generally charge ~$40 per hour for Y11/12, a price which my students have found more than worth it for the quality of teaching involved. My rates are negotiable depending on hours per session; a group discount ($30pp for groups) applies.

Marks:
Chemistry 97
Physics 96
Maths (2U) 96

UMAT 98th percentile

Philosophy Distinction Course (4th in NSW)
English (Adv) 96
English (Ext I) 47 (/50)
Maths (Ext I) 47 (/50)
Modern History 93
IPT 93
Australian Student Prize (2008)
Premier's Award for All-Round Excellence (2008)

Email: vins.g1@gmail.com
Or feel free to PM me.

Let me know if you're keen to smash the HSC.

Cheers,
Vins

Last edited:

Kamal15

HSC
Legend of a bloke! Very approachable and great to talk to to! All the best with Honours choccie!

choccie monster

HSC
bump!

I have just finished my barrier exams for fourth year medicine and now super keen to take on new students! :D

choccie monster

HSC
Hi kangling, I can only really do Epping/Macq/UNSW libraries due to public transport arrangements. The only other I can do is Strathfield but that's ~20mins walk from the station so it is not ideal. If travel is an issue you may need to seek someone else unfortunately.

Last edited:

choccie monster

HSC
Alright, I'm almost booked out for students at this point. Students near UNSW preferred now because of travel and timetabling.

If you're contacting me, let me know where/what school/what subjects so if I can't take you on I can at least try to refer you on to some good tutors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)