99.95 Private Tutoring for Physics/Maths at UNSW (1 Viewer)

GopiR

HSC
Hey guys,

I graduated from Brisbane State High School as Dux and School Captain having studied 3unit Maths, 4unit Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Economics and English. I studied 3unit equivalent one year early and completed a university semester subject in Year12 with my free subject space.

I’m offering tutoring at 40/hr for any Maths or Physics levels. I tutored whole classes of my Year12 cohort each morning before school in these areas as well as Chemistry. I was able to manage my time very efficiently to get by doing only three to four hours of study each week at home.

My personal style of teaching is not aimed at being able to brag about a UAI number, but rather to understand a whole concept and apply it at will to any relevant problem. By understanding WHY things work the way they do as opposed to memorising WHAT happens, you have less to memorise and rote-learn and you are instead equipped with powerful conceptual tools that will make HSC very easy for you.

This style will stick for years and will make a lot more practical sense. The HSC and school-based assessment will be shallow in conceptual depth so you will be confident at school.

I employed this strategy in high school and finished a semester unit of work in a day by learning underlying concepts and deriving formulas, patterns and situations which were meant to be memorised, by instead using understanding. If you aren’t sure about what I’m talking about then I can give you the idea.

These ideas were perfect for me and I was satisfied with my results:

School Captain of Brisbane State High School 2009
Dux of Brisbane State High School
Australian National Student Prize (top 500 students in Australia)
99.95 UAI equivalent
Subject award for Physics, Chemistry, 3-unit, 4-unit, English

Physics=A+
Chemistry=A+
Maths B (3-unit)=A+
Maths C (4-unit)=A+
English=A+

Tutoring will be offered from UNSW’s Kensington campus, probably in a library room. Get in contact with me and we can sort something out that'll suit you, I'll make sure you like the style of my teaching first before we proceed anywhere.

Cheers

GopiR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)