99 Chemistry, 94 Biology - Sydney Grammar Graduate Tutoring (1 Viewer)

dasfas

HSC
Hi!

I currently have new openings in Chemistry and Biology students for my 2022 intake :D

Teaching Philosophy
- I teach you to approach Science from the perspective of a researcher, encouraging you not to rote learn facts, but rather understand concepts and ask questions
- I personalise my lessons to you, teaching you at the level you require. I create customised quizzes to reinforce each area of weakness and further develop each strength
- I give you a broad range of questions from textbooks, past papers and olympiads starting from the very first lesson
- I will explain in-depth how to perfect your exam technique and ensure that you cover every aspect of the marking rubric
- I will explain how the best exam taking strategies, how to manage your time and how to properly check your work. This will not only help for Science but for all subjects

Academic Achievements
- Chemistry: 99 in the external HSC exam (highest exam mark in the state), 1st (98) in Trials at Sydney Grammar
- Biology: 94 in the external HSC exam, 3rd (96) in Trials at Sydney Grammar, HD in the Australian Biology Olympiad

- Currently in my 3rd year at the University of Sydney, studying Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science. I am also taking advanced coursework in Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Awards: Amgen Scholar at UniMelb (international research program ran by the Amgen Foundation and Harvard University), Sydney Scholar Award at USYD, Dalyell Scholar at USYD, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute Scholar, Dean's List at USYD, Academic Merit Prize
- 1 of 3 students that represented Australia at the International Science Summer Institute program run by the Weizmann Institute

Past Results
- Every student improved significantly over the year. One student went from Biology being their weakest subject to ranking 1st in their assessments
- All of my students achieved a Band 6 (> 90) in 2019

Prices
- $60/h for individual 1 on 1 tutoring
- $35/h for small groups of 2-3, so feel free to invite your friends

Contact
- Please send me an email at gmtroad@gmail.com if you're interested!

Last edited:

dasfas

HSC
1 more spot available for either y11/y12 Chemistry or y12 Biology!

dasfas

HSC
Bump, I just opened 1 spot for Chemistry or Biology :)

Grace24

HSC
Hi!

I currently have new openings in Chemistry and Biology students for my 2022 intake :D

Teaching Philosophy
- I teach you to approach Science from the perspective of a researcher, encouraging you not to rote learn facts, but rather understand concepts and ask questions
- I personalise my lessons to you, teaching you at the level you require. I create customised quizzes to reinforce each area of weakness and further develop each strength
- I give you a broad range of questions from textbooks, past papers and olympiads starting from the very first lesson
- I will explain in-depth how to perfect your exam technique and ensure that you cover every aspect of the marking rubric
- I will explain how the best exam taking strategies, how to manage your time and how to properly check your work. This will not only help for Science but for all subjects

Academic Achievements
- Chemistry: 99 in the external HSC exam (highest exam mark in the state), 1st (98) in Trials at Sydney Grammar
- Biology: 94 in the external HSC exam, 3rd (96) in Trials at Sydney Grammar, HD in the Australian Biology Olympiad

- Currently in my 3rd year at the University of Sydney, studying Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science. I am also taking advanced coursework in Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Awards: Amgen Scholar at UniMelb (international research program ran by the Amgen Foundation and Harvard University), Sydney Scholar Award at USYD, Dalyell Scholar at USYD, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute Scholar, Dean's List at USYD, Academic Merit Prize
- 1 of 3 students that represented Australia at the International Science Summer Institute program run by the Weizmann Institute

Past Results
- Every student improved significantly over the year. One student went from Biology being their weakest subject to ranking 1st in their assessments
- All of my students achieved a Band 6 (> 90) in 2019

Prices
- $60/h for individual 1 on 1 tutoring
- $35/h for small groups of 2-3, so feel free to invite your friends

Contact
- Please send me an email at gmtroad@gmail.com if you're interested!
Are you still available for chemistry 2024?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)