• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A bit unfair!! (1 Viewer)

RHINO7

HSC
Two weeks ago in modern history my teacher said we would be recieving an assessment task the next week(last Tuesday). And that he would be Away. On tuesday last week we recieved the assessment task= 2 essays due this tuesday. I mean two essays to write in a week, come on!!!

Does anybody have any comments?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
you're meant to get 2 weeks notice. it's the board's requirement i think.....?

goosiegoo

HSC
You should be able to complain about it. Two assessable essays in a week for one subject is a bit... bleh.

Loza33

HSC
It is board of studies requirements that you must have at LEAST two weeks written notice of an assessble task..

So unless he gave you written notice of it last term or whatever,

Then you guys can claim complete innocence of the task, until you recieved the assessment sheet...

I say fight it!

RHINO7

HSC
yeah, we recieved the assessment task notice last Tuesday, so that is only one week. So i think i might have a bit of a chat with my Teacher! I mean we only just started the topic as well.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
RHINO7 said:
yeah, we recieved the assessment task notice last Tuesday, so that is only one week. So i think i might have a bit of a chat with my Teacher! I mean we only just started the topic as well.
Well, get a start on it before you chat to your teacher incase you get a big "STFU I'M THE F'N TEACHER YOU LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY. IS THIS CLEAR?"

Edit: So since its due on tuesday you're almost done? If so and you think its not up to scratch just argue with her if there really is that 2 week notice rule.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
Well, get a start on it before you chat to your teacher incase you get a big "STFU I'M THE F'N TEACHER YOU LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY. IS THIS CLEAR?"

Edit: So since its due on tuesday you're almost done? If so and you think its not up to scratch just argue with her if there really is that 2 week notice rule.
Yeah, make sure you actually do it just in case.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
RHINO7 said:
Two weeks ago in modern history my teacher said we would be recieving an assessment task the next week(last Tuesday). And that he would be Away. On tuesday last week we recieved the assessment task= 2 essays due this tuesday. I mean two essays to write in a week, come on!!!

Does anybody have any comments?
Get it done, then complain.

~untitled~

HSC
Nearly all of our teachers have tried top do this to us, but the board of studies states they cant. But dont talk to your teacher about it, go to your year advisor and she/he will sort it out for you, its not you responsibility to sort it out.
although expect to cop it from your teacher next lesson, lol.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
~untitled~ said:
Nearly all of our teachers have tried top do this to us, but the board of studies states they cant. But dont talk to your teacher about it, go to your year advisor and she/he will sort it out for you, its not you responsibility to sort it out.
although expect to cop it from your teacher next lesson, lol.
I like your sig. nice metaphor you have going there.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Without Wings said:
Just so everyone is aware, the Board of Studies doesn't actually state that 2 weeks notice MUST be given, just that "as a guide 2 weeks notice should be given". It states that the school needs to provide adequate notice.
Get out.

Stop being so logical and right. And stop bringing the bad news.

RHINO7

HSC
I successfully completed it 3 minutes ago. Now i will finish my ancient history assignment...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)