A few months 2 go, what should I be studying (1 Viewer)

T

Testpilot

Ok, I would like some advice from past students who have been through the HSC, because when you ask teachers for advice they say:

Study every waking moment, no friends, no life
Ok not really I've exagerated a bit, but you get the point.

Its 6 months until the 06ers HSC, what should we be doing.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Testpilot said:
Ok, I would like some advice from past students who have been through the HSC, because when you ask teachers for advice they say:

study is all good, but also have some fun in your life ! helps you keep fresh and have a clear mind.

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Revise on stuff you did a while ago.

Learn stuff you're covering now.

Ask questions about the stuff you're finding tricky.

And don't spend every waking hour on schoolwork because, in the vast majority of case, it doesn't help as much as organised studying with relaxation time.

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It's good to revise on the work you did in term 4 last year as well as any other past work that you just did in term 1, refresh your memory, in the long run, it will help you recall what you've learnt when we get to trials and final exams.

P

pLuvia

Consistent study throughout the term/year

And basically what they said. Don't forget your preliminary things, especially for maths

rama_v

HSC
Don't study 24/7, it will not be of any use. Study as much as you feel u need to, until you feel confident that you know the subject material. If you are not able to recall concepts then you are not studying enough, but otherwise do as much as you feel the need to. Also vary your study and dont just read or write notes all day - quiz ur friend or draw a mindmap to relate things if thats what suits you.

shamila

HSC
rama_v said:
Don't study 24/7, it will not be of any use. Study as much as you feel u need to, until you feel confident that you know the subject material. If you are not able to recall concepts then you are not studying enough, but otherwise do as much as you feel the need to. Also vary your study and dont just read or write notes all day - quiz ur friend or draw a mindmap to relate things if thats what suits you.
just a suggestion rama v
i do subject
bio
legal
business
maths gm
english s
i am still writing notes especiallly for bio lega and business and just practising essay for english and doing revision on maths any suggestions so far is this good way i am doing it and then while i am writing up the notes i a m studin
and will study more with past papers
any sugestion?

rama_v

HSC
shamila said:
just a suggestion rama v
i do subject
bio
legal
business
maths gm
english s
i am still writing notes especiallly for bio lega and business and just practising essay for english and doing revision on maths any suggestions so far is this good way i am doing it and then while i am writing up the notes i a m studin
and will study more with past papers
any sugestion?
It seems like you are studying hard, so keep it up...Good Luck :)

rawr26

HSC
Testpilot said:

Make indepth notes and read over them daily. After you know most of them, keep reducing your notes till they become keywords which trigger a great load of information. Also manage your time well. study hard, go out with your mates and indulge in your interests.

HSC
Study from the Syllabus!!!

This way you dont do any 'extra' work and you know that you've covered everything. Any question in a HSC exam will specifically refer to syllabus dot points, and its a lot easier to answer the questions if you know the part they're talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)