• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A Few Questions Reguarding Centrelink and Scholarships (1 Viewer)

tullyban

HSC
I am a first year student doing a BA of International studies. I am not liking the course and starting to rarely go. I'm planning to switch courses next semester at a different uni via mid year entry. The problem i have is i got paid the relocation scholarship of $4000, i have spent alot of it on moving into a new house. Do universities give centrelink information about ur attendance and grades?? And will they make me pay back the scholarship??

On the bottom of the centrelink statement they sent out to me, (the one confirming they are going to pay me the scholarshipsand how much it will be) it says

IMPORTANT INFORMATION- To remain eligible for these scholarships you must be in study for atleast the first 35 days of your education institutions study period.

Does that mean if i attented the first 35 days of the course, i can get out of paying it back.. and how do they check attendance??

( I also read on some sites that its 35 days starting from the date you were granted the scholarship, but thats not what mine says.).

And also would you include weekends as days lol?..

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I am a first year student doing a BA of International studies. I am not liking the course and starting to rarely go. I'm planning to switch courses next semester at a different uni via mid year entry. The problem i have is i got paid the relocation scholarship of $4000, i have spent alot of it on moving into a new house. Do universities give centrelink information about ur attendance and grades??
Grades are not really of concern to Centrelink, but they most certainly can obtain enrolment information, and in any case you'll end up filling out the online form to tell them that you've changed institutions.

And will they make me pay back the scholarship??
In your case I don't think so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)