• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A good part time job for a commerce student??? (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
What do you think is a good part time job for a commerce student during the time at university. Now I am looking for a part time job that will help me after the three years and set me above the pack. How about a salesperson for a company??? how do you get in that???

Atlas

HSC
N/A
What do you think is a good part time job for a commerce student during the time at university. Now I am looking for a part time job that will help me after the three years and set me above the pack. How about a salesperson for a company??? how do you get in that???
Depends on what subject you are currently doing, hard to suggest a job without knowing your major or what career path you are intending to pursue.

izzy88

HSC
I dont know about commerce, but when applying for law summer clerkships any kind of work is a good thing - even maccas, supermarket etc. It shows you have some real world experience, dedication etc. I think its better to have a job in anything rather than have spent 3 years doing nothing. It is not necessarily going to set you above the pack, but it will give you something to talk about, and means that you won't be culled on that basis.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Yeah being able to demonstrate to an employer that you're a real human being that they can talk to is a good idea. Also networking is superbly important, make a fuck load of friends, especially ones in higher years to you so they might be able to recommend you from within a company they're involved with. Or make friends with all the kids that are doing outstandingly well.

Networking > aptitude

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
as far as a job goes, just work at a bar or something and make some decent cash

don't work at fast food (if you have a choice) and don't do unpaid internships or whatever because that's a waste of time especially for first years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)