A little question about rankings (1 Viewer)

illin

Ill factor
HSC
The situation is as follows

In the french (continuers), there are currently 3 people doin it. After the first assessment i am last (3rd) with 37/40
Next assessment one of the studients did not turn up, meaning that he will prob drop the subject. Anyway i will come last (2nd) if this happens but with a very good internal mark though (raw).

Am i screwed? Does it depend on the exam mark?

Another question

Is it poossible to achieve a band 6 in a subject after getting 75% in an assessment worth 15% of internal?? (scaling can be either good or bad)

Cheers

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The answers to both of your queries depend entirely on the examination marks attained by your class. :)

Captain pi

HSC
Lazarus said:
The answers to both of your queries depend entirely on the examination marks attained by your class. :)
Just to elaborate, since there are only two of you at your centre (school), it doesn't matter what your raw assessment marks are; just your rankings are important.

In your Record of Achievement, you receive three marks: the Examination Mark which represents the mark you achieved in the HSC Exam; the Assessment Mark which represents the mark that a person of your rank achieved in the HSC Exam; and the HSC Mark which is the arithmetic mean of the two.

To determine your Assessment mark, the Board uses a process called 'moderating'. There is a very good post in the pinned thread "Moderating"; I suggest you have a look at it.

Love,

pi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)