• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

a mates ex (1 Viewer)

ubernuton

HSC
on the weekend me a mate and his ex went out we drank a bottle of vodka between us and i ended up making out with his ex.
me spent the next 3 hour runing all over the place us chasing him so he would run into traffic i eventurely figor out he was pissed at me for making out with her eventurly he got lost and carmed down
i'm kinda worried i wreaked my friendship with him
anyway does he have the right to be pissed me and did i have the right make out with her

just as an add on what can i do to make it up to him cause i want to remain mates

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Yes and no respectively in most situations.

Depends on how long they dated and how long ago they broke up. If they dated for two weeks and it was four years ago then he's overreacting. If they dated for two years and broke up with the past couple months then he has a right to be mad.

ubernuton

HSC
Tulipa said:
Yes and no respectively in most situations.

Depends on how long they dated and how long ago they broke up. If they dated for two weeks and it was four years ago then he's overreacting. If they dated for two years and broke up with the past couple months then he has a right to be mad.
i acturely agree with u but i just wanted to see what other recon cause everyone at my school seemed to think the oppersite
by the way they were going out for 3 month or so and have been broken up for a month

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
If he's still not over her it's a pretty crap thing to do and that might be the case.
TBH people rarely get over their ex's if they were the one dumped.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I think it's more how close a mate you are, because they're always going to care even if they don't say it. If you're best buddies for life then I don't think you should ever do it, if you're just aquaintences then fuck it because a woman's better than an aquaintence.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Enteebee said:
I think it's more how close a mate you are, because they're always going to care even if they don't say it. If you're best buddies for life then I don't think you should ever do it, if you're just aquaintences then fuck it because a woman's better than an aquaintence.
Agreed on the first part.

Don't really know about the second, I've never really seen that affect many people. For some reason it's always close mates fucking around with each others ex's.

It's recently happened to a friend of mine and it's tearing him apart right now because his mate and his ex only got together a week after his ex dumped him and he's really not over her. The mate doesn't think there's a problem when it's really a shitty thing to do.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Good luck. You just nose dived yourself into an unsure situation. Accept the consequences. He has every right to feel whatever the fuck he wants. You just had no idea about how he felt about the past relationship. You didn't realise it would hurt him, sure. But if you gave a shit about him as a mate, you would apologise.

For future reference, avoid sticky situations by avoiding your mates ex's. If you simply just have to suck face/hold a relationship with a mates' ex, speak to your mate FIRST. That said, I only assumed you were GOOD mates.

I've seen whole social circles fall apart because of incidences like this.

Evilo

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Good luck. You just nose dived yourself into an unsure situation. Accept the consequences. He has every right to feel whatever the fuck he wants. You just had no idea about how he felt about the past relationship. You didn't realise it would hurt him, sure. But if you gave a shit about him as a mate, you would apologise.

For future reference, avoid sticky situations by avoiding your mates ex's. If you simply just have to suck face/hold a relationship with a mates' ex, speak to your mate FIRST. That said, I only assumed you were GOOD mates.

I've seen whole social circles fall apart because of incidences like this.
1st paragraph +1 - agreed
2nd - ive seen them turn out better than the first relationship. It does get akward though - especially if the girl is very "touchy".
3rd - +1 - agreed

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Learn to type. Judging by the fact the three of you went out drinking I'm guessing he's still not over her. Also how trashed can you be from sharing a bottle of Vodka 3 ways? Argh, reminds me though, bad things have resulted from me and a girl sharing a bottle of vodka. So yeh, lesson is don't get fucked up with your friends ex.

Evilo

HSC
<cont from my post above>
i forgot to mention this particular girl "got around" the group. Although some of the guys didnt particularly care, when one accused the other of "stealing her" (cos they were all falling over eachother) it kind of fucked up the group and they had a fight. This bloke got arrested in full view of all the friends at a public event... not good. The chick is with one guy now and nobody seems to care at all (
I don't even think this chick is hot, personally if she asked me to go out with her i'd say no lol :p) . I'll put it this way - its risky, but it *can* work. personally i wouldnt. In your situation you werent to know he still had feelings.

rachelmcdermott

HSC
I think that its only wrong if he really liked her and told u. if he didn;t tell u then really its no harm, unless it was a recent break up. If he really didn;t like her anymore he wouldn't be that angry, so maybe he did. All u can do is say sorry 4 what u did, and mean it, if that doesn't work at least u no that u do mean it. He will eventually come together because u's are mates and mates don't turn eachother down 4 a chick!!

Chicks before dicks

Bro's before hoe's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)