a pardoner's tale VS simple plan (1 Viewer)

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
hey guys
just wondering, how many of you are actually doing these texts in transformation?
and if any of you know any good websites or any text for that matter that compare and contrast these two..
thanx guys

Charlie Brown

i'm doin that too but seems like not a lot of others are
it's kinda hard
i asked the same thing too

Leap

free falling
HSC
Yeah I'd doing Chaucer & A Simple Plan too and I absolutely hate it! There seem to be no notes or study guides for it, unfortunately

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
come on its not that bad..
its pretty fascinating really
probably the only difficulty i have come across is finding resonances between pardoners tale and a simple plan..
otherwise all the notes and sheet we get of our teacher is choc full of good info..i just can't find anything on the internet thats useful enough......
its true...it doesn't seem that many ppl are doing it..i guess thats a good thing...
oh well..
toodle oos

Last edited:

Leap

free falling
HSC
come on its not that bad..
I beg to differ!
I have an assesment task for Chaucer/Raimi this Wednesday and its driving me absolutely insane :chainsaw:

ellipsis

HSC
Yeah me too actually. And assesment on Tuesday, so I'm madly scrambling to write practice essays.

Did you know A Simple Plan is the only text where they won't admit its a transformation ?
Clueless will admit they copied Emma...RAGAD will admit to Hamlet (kinda obvious there though) but neither Raimi or the guy who wrote it will mention The Pardoner's Tale - and I'm sure they did it on purpose so I can't quote them saying it :rolleyes: :mad1:

I don't think there are any good websites or anything... I have looked quite hard. The only handy thing I've found is an interlinear translation - so if you want a quote, search for the english word in the document, and then the olde englishe one will be above it. Beats the hell out of flipping through the book and deciphering everything to search for one quote.

I can't find the Simple Plan script online though...I don't suppose anyone else can ?

Pastor.y

I Luv Pardoner's Tale & simple Plan

Hey all, Im a new user here..
umm..well..i did chaucers " A Pardoner's Tale & Rammi's "A simple Plan" & i totally loved it..
Initally i hated it...but then it became so interesting & fun!
i think its coz our teacher did chaucer wen she went 2 skool & she expalined it EXTREMLY well..and i did really well in my Exam 4 it..

Charlie Brown

Chaucer and Raimi

i just did an assessment on the two texts today and it went horribly wrong! i agree with the others it's a pretty har d text, and not many ppl do it, and like what some of ther others sed it's so hard to find resources for it!!

Interesting, like Ellipsis we were told abt how Raimi neva sed he transformed Chaucer..weird eh...man, the BOS must be bored thinkin up texts for us to do...lolOh and yes, i've seen the interlinear translation too...it's pretty good, i agree =)

Pastor Y, where did u get ur notes? what were they??

Pastor.y

Our Teacher gave us most of the notes, it was pretty esay becasue she did it yr 12...
she used her knowledge of it, and gave us her notes, and notes she found from all over the net n stuff like that...

freakofcool

We did Chaucer and Raimi and I thought it was an interesting combination but my marks weren't that good... Overall, though, it was interesting. But as most have said, there wasn't that much info on it, we got most of our notes from teachers.

sarz226

When i was doing the assessment task for transformations for chaucer and A Simple Plan i utilised a lot of film reviews from the internet. Some of them compare chaucer and A.S.P very well but ultimately it comes down to how well you know each text, and how you can comment personally on the value of transforming a text.

If you have anymore questions let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)