A question about moderated School Assessment Mark... (1 Viewer)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
hi people,
I am i bit confused about how our final assessment marks are calculated.
I am worried that if my school assessment mark will affect my final mark.
I mean, for example, in Physics my school assessment mark is 80%, but, for the HSC im am hoping a raw of around mid eighties, which will again be scaled.
So I am worried that if they leave my school assessment mark as 80... I mean if my HSC EXAM MARK is way higher than the school assessment should also be moderated to some where around the HSC EXAM MARK, because every school has different standards.

I hope u guys can understand my question...
if u can't...i can try and explain again :(
please help!
Thanks

NewKleer

HSC
your assesment mark counts for little...all that matters is your position/rank and relative gaps between students in your class. a school could give students marks between 20 and 30, but they will still be moderated up to be the average of the marks that class obtains in the exam.

basically you need to get the highest rank in your class possible. come first, and there is no way your school assesmnet mark can be less than your exam mark.

the main problem you will face is that your school mark wont be moderated up, if your ranked about average in the class, and, on average, your class bombs out.

however, if your ranked average in the class, and the class kills the exam, even if you go horrible, your school assesment mark will go up a lot compared to ur hsc mark.

it depends where you are ranked in your class:
closer you are to bottom, less your exam mark matters, more counts on how the class goes on a whole
close to top you are, more your exam mark matters, less counts on how the class goes as a whole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)