Absolute freak out in exam (1 Viewer)

Triage

HSC
N/A
Okay I'm in a math class that is completeing year 11 and 12 2 unit this year as to have more time to work on 3 and 4 unit next year.

I recently had a 2 unit assessment, which I was we'll prepared for and studies 20 ish hours the weekend before for.
But when I got into the test, the questions were hard sure, but doable. But after the first question I started over thinking everything and freaking out and thinking that they were all harder than they were. I was shaking, getting really hot and essentially was getting everything wrong.

My teacher now thinks that I am total idiot, my confidence in maths has completely gone, and I am considering if I really have what it takes for 4 unit.

What should I do? HELP!!!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Try not to to stress yourself out. If your teachers/school let you accelerate 2 unit then you are obviously good at maths and they know that. What you should start doing is past papers under exam conditions - timed, no textbooks/reference material around, no breaks, tv and computer off or out of the room. Not only should that help with your exam nerves it is also the best way to study for exams once you know the content. Save the recent HSC past papers until later in the year, there is no shortage of random topic tests and trial papers from various schools available on this site and around the internet.

Macqncheese

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ignore your teacher, take 4 unit maths and see for yourself.

Triage

HSC
N/A
Is it possible that there are some things that can't be taught. Like I study hard and everything but I can't make the connections between certain areas of the course. Is that just a practice thing or are there literally people that will never get it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)