AC motors (1 Viewer)

stag_j

to what extent do u guys think we need to know about AC motors?
textbooks have a lot on pros + cons of induction motors, but the syllabus doesnt seem to ask for it.
also, universal motors arent mentioned specifically, but would you say that since they can be run off both a DC and AC power source that they should be mentioned if a question asks about either?

jims

HSC
the pros n cons were just taken out this year which is why theyre still in the textbooks. u just have to be able to descibe it i think.
i dunno about the universal motors.

Dangar

I think it should be ok if you just know the basic features of each different type, like synchronous and induction. What are universal motors? I've never even heard of them and my textbook has nothing on them.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
i think u need to know what the syllabus dot point says causee that what u have to study n the hsc will be based on

stag_j

i understand that we only have to know what is in the syllabus. what i meant about the universal motor was that since it can run on both dc and ac power, it could probably be included in a question on either, so would it be worthwhile reading up about it.
for people that havent heard of it, it is talked about in the jacaranda textbook under the ac motors heading

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)