Accepting feedback for this essay (1 Viewer)

Dane Red

HSC
1679975028410.png
Criteria
Marks
Responds skillfully to the task provided displaying a highly developed understanding of the prescribed text
Demonstrates a well-informed understanding of context, language, form and ideas using well-selected and detailed analysis of textual references
Composes a thoughtful argument using language appropriate to audience, purpose and form

17–20​
Responds effectively to the task provided displaying a developed understanding of the prescribed text
Demonstrates an informed understanding of context, language, form and ideas using well-selected analysis of textual references
Composes an effective argument using language appropriate to audience, purpose and form

13–16​
Responds to the task provided displaying understanding of the prescribed text
Demonstrates an understanding of context, language, form and ideas using textual references
Composes a sound argument using language appropriate to audience, purpose and form

9–12​
Describes some aspects of the prescribed text
Demonstrates some understanding of context, language and form with limited textual references
Composes a limited response to the question

5–8​
Attempts to describe aspects of the prescribed text
Attempts to compose a response to the question
1–4​

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
i honestly am not qualified to give you a mark but i can quickly point out some observable flaws that bring down the quality of your essay:
- three paragraph structure, which we don't see here (standard essay structure for any 20+ mark unless you're doing module a). i'd frame each paragraph around one type of interplay in relation to a theme or something
- weak thesis that does not answer the question, you are just restating what the question is saying (ie. shakespeare interplays the two concepts) - how does he do it? how is it portrayed? what are the effects of this and what does it reveal to the audience? you mention nuance - what nuance? if you are framing it around personal relationships affecting public politics (which i think is a great idea) you should make that your thesis and make a conceptually strong argument
- topic sentences don't highlight the interplay - how do personal relationships affect public politics? + your linking sentences are not linking back to the question or your thesis (and your thesis is weak and nonexistent in the first place)
- articulate better, make your idea more conceptual and use appropriate vocabulary to express your argument better. 'King Henry's relationship with the Percy family is good thus less political conflict made event' isn't really good.
- you are just bringing out quotes and just narrating - how do the quotes support the argument?? what is the effect of the techniques and what do they emphasise? also, don't just list out techniques for the sake of having a technique - 'floral imagery' is not an effective technique to explain political conflict.
- do not say 'these quotes and techniques show.' essays are meant to be cohesive and flow well, from one argument to the next. this phrase just shows yours isn't. similar with 'hence this shows the interplay' and whatnot
- you are narrating the story instead of showing your insights about the interplays. do not narrate, it only highlights to me you have nothing to say about the interplay between the personal and the political
- the same things with 2nd para. you are just narrating and saying things. of course, provide some context as to what is going on but narration is bad. Don't say act 1 scene 2.
- again for 2nd para, technique effect and analysis is weak, they need to be connected and flow well from one point to the next. soliloquy to me indicates nothing about personal and political interplay
- 'these quotes show' no. talk about the techniques and their effects. those show things.
- where are the context sentences? the shakespearean era provides a lot of insight about what drove the political factor behind Henry iv, put that in preferably after topic sentence

aulinia

HSC
^^ agree with everything masaken said. You need to have a consistent, clear structure. Be effective in your analysis (cause + effect) and u need to link it back to the question and ur thesis. Your sentences are lacking, make sure your thesis and stance is clear in ur introduction and it is consistent throughout. Honestly i think a lot of ur issues can be fixed by improving your structure lol

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
i honestly am not qualified to give you a mark but i can quickly point out some observable flaws that bring down the quality of your essay:
- three paragraph structure, which we don't see here (standard essay structure for any 20+ mark unless you're doing module a). i'd frame each paragraph around one type of interplay in relation to a theme or something
- weak thesis that does not answer the question, you are just restating what the question is saying (ie. shakespeare interplays the two concepts) - how does he do it? how is it portrayed? what are the effects of this and what does it reveal to the audience? you mention nuance - what nuance? if you are framing it around personal relationships affecting public politics (which i think is a great idea) you should make that your thesis and make a conceptually strong argument
- topic sentences don't highlight the interplay - how do personal relationships affect public politics? + your linking sentences are not linking back to the question or your thesis (and your thesis is weak and nonexistent in the first place)
- articulate better, make your idea more conceptual and use appropriate vocabulary to express your argument better. 'King Henry's relationship with the Percy family is good thus less political conflict made event' isn't really good.
- you are just bringing out quotes and just narrating - how do the quotes support the argument?? what is the effect of the techniques and what do they emphasise? also, don't just list out techniques for the sake of having a technique - 'floral imagery' is not an effective technique to explain political conflict.
- do not say 'these quotes and techniques show.' essays are meant to be cohesive and flow well, from one argument to the next. this phrase just shows yours isn't. similar with 'hence this shows the interplay' and whatnot
- you are narrating the story instead of showing your insights about the interplays. do not narrate, it only highlights to me you have nothing to say about the interplay between the personal and the political
- the same things with 2nd para. you are just narrating and saying things. of course, provide some context as to what is going on but narration is bad. Don't say act 1 scene 2.
- again for 2nd para, technique effect and analysis is weak, they need to be connected and flow well from one point to the next. soliloquy to me indicates nothing about personal and political interplay
- 'these quotes show' no. talk about the techniques and their effects. those show things.
- where are the context sentences? the shakespearean era provides a lot of insight about what drove the political factor behind Henry iv, put that in preferably after topic sentence
can i also get a 1000 word feedback for my mod a essay?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
^^ agree with everything masaken said. You need to have a consistent, clear structure. Be effective in your analysis (cause + effect) and u need to link it back to the question and ur thesis. Your sentences are lacking, make sure your thesis and stance is clear in ur introduction and it is consistent throughout. Honestly i think a lot of ur issues can be fixed by improving your structure lol
Imo just plan the question our with ur teacher during free periods or something and understand the main parts of an essay
Also keep all the good advice u get like the ones above in a google doc or smth then u can reflect on ur essay in the future as u find common issues that ur writing has

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)