Access to raw marks denied. (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Seems the BOS have closed the floodgates:(

I've trimmed this where appropriate, but yeah here's the relevant parts:
Dear Mr Simon,
I refer to your request for "your raw examination marks (total weighted marks) and (itemised by question if possible) and initial moderated assessment marks for all HSC coures".

Decision:That access to the document(s) be refused.

Reasons for Decision:
This refusal is pursuant to the provisions of Schedule 1 pf the FOI act clause 16 (Documents concerning operations of agencies) paragraphs (a)(i) and (ii) relating to access beoing prejudicial to the effectiveness or the attainment of the objects of tests and examinations. The decision maker has formed the view that granting you access pto this inforamtion will assist in the determination and then public disclosure of the HSC cut scores separating the bands on the performance scale for the 2004 HSC. The specific information sought by you is a confidential aspect if the annual HSC marking program for the reason that its wider availability would compromise the integrity of the marking program for future years. Accordingly, the decision maker has determined that the disclosure of this information is contrary to the public interest.
...and the rest is about a $40 appeal.

Just thought you guys might be interested.

EDIT: just saw the other thread.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)