• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ACCG310 Experts Wanted! (2 Viewers)

Miss Daisy

HSC
N/A
Anyone doing this unit, and find it easy? Anyone done this unit, and got a good mark? Anyone just generally smart and understands journal entries and corporate accounting in general?

I need someone to study with, or a tutor. I don't understand simple tute questions (why are the damn questions always completely different to the lecture example and the book example??!).

I work full time and thus can't get to consultation times. I also don't really want to wait a week until the tute to get the answers, as I could carry on with my tute work if I had a few simple things explained to me.

Also they aren't the kind of questions you can really email to someone for advice.

Probably Monday afternoons (like after 5.00 pm) would be the best time if anyone can help me.

Anyone? Or any suggestions on where to source a tutor?

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
You could see/ask some tutors if they have time available on Monday. If there are tutes on at the time you need, maybe you could randomly pop into one and spend a coupla minutes with the tutor

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
I know how you feel. I'm doing 310 this semester as well. I just spent a good portion of my weekend reading the text and doing the tute questions. It's very tedious and time-consuming, and very annoying.

Miss Daisy

HSC
N/A
Thanks Ricez...I don't really want to drive all the way out there just to spend a few minutes with a tutor, that's a 2-hour round trip I could do without. But if that's my only option I guess I will try it.

Maybe I will approach some people in my tute and see if they want to form a study group.

Luke, it is definately annoying. And it's only the 2nd week...I have looked ahead at my questions from the last time I attempted this unit and they get worse.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
310...you'd rather masturbate with sandpaper.

Like with most things, if you do spend consistent time on this subject - you'll be all right.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Good_riceZ said:
OH DEAR LORD

does that mean 310ers are officially in ze hell?
For BCom - Accg, yes.

Miss Daisy

HSC
N/A
Well someone's offered to tutor me for $60 per hour, but they don't know much about corporate reporting. Helpful.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
redruM said:
310...you'd rather masturbate with sandpaper.

Like with most things, if you do spend consistent time on this subject - you'll be all right.
Masturbate with sandpaper? Wow... you know I love it when you talk dirty, Rahul. :p

I've concluded that 310 is rather un-crammable. :-(
And that means this is the first unit for which I've ever had to study consistently, especially considering my other units; ACCG329, ACCG340, and ACCG350.

Miss Daisy said:
Well someone's offered to tutor me for $60 per hour, but they don't know much about corporate reporting. Helpful.
Huh? $60/hour- fuck that! Prostitutes don't even charge that much!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Luke! said:
Huh? $60/hour- fuck that! Prostitutes don't even charge that much!
MG: $170/30 or 45 mins.

But I guess <$60/hr would be during off-peak hours - mind you it would probably be off-peak women aswell.

Miss Daisy

HSC
N/A
I was thinking more like $20 per hour. Or free.

I asked the lecturer a few questions during the break and it cleared up some issues. I will as the tutor a few more tonight, and hopefully I have solved all my problems (for free!) for week 2 at least.

Week 3 stuff seems easier (although I haven't attempted the tutorial questions yet - they always throw in some stupid and unreasonably difficult question that makes me think I don't know diddly squat after all).

I just don't want to do what I did first time I attempted 310 - get to week 12 and try to cram everything, expecting it will all fall magically into place. It doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)