• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Accounting Cadetship Help! (1 Viewer)

yumeno

HSC
Hey guys

i'm currently in year 12 and i'm applying for the accounting cadetship program for KPMG and other companies.

Could those who have been successful in their applications please help me with my application form?

Thanks in advance

jordankuai22

HSC
yumeno said:
Hey guys

i'm currently in year 12 and i'm applying for the accounting cadetship program for KPMG and other companies.

Could those who have been successful in their applications please help me with my application form?

Thanks in advance
absoulutely.

i was accepted in all of the big 4 firms 2 years ago, but decided to go with the co-op scholarship ;)

when answering cadetship applications, the trick is to NOT answer the maximum amount of words.

instead, make your responses short, and sharp - the 'screeners' go through over 500 each year.Short, sharp answers really stand out. - DO NOT over elaborate/justify your choices etc...

for example: say the max word limit is 150..
i only did 100 - 105 words max
(i am good friends with one of the 'screeners' and he assures me this is the best way)

feel free to pm me for any more questions

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
Yep. I was successful with KPMG last year, our office has since been sold to WHK (5th largest) and the process for us is much the same, from what I've gathered. I never had to fill in the application form, but I agree with jordankuai22 .. Answer the question directly, don't add anything you don't need to and be selective with your wording. Your resume will be more important come the interview.

In the interview, I was basically just given a run-down about the firm. Then they went through my application and asked me a lot of questions on it, what I wanted to do after I finished school, my grades etc at school. They will look for the quick learners and people who are going to be dedicated. Went for 1-1.5 hours.

Also, for the interview, do your research on the firm you're applying for.. That, along with being confident will really help your chances.

Hope this helps! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)