accounting in the defence force?? (1 Viewer)

rollingturtle

Does the defence force take any interns/grads for accounting?? If they do I am also wondering if they support their staff in going for further education like CPA?? Do the defence force pay for some of the fees??

ADF

Sponsor
Hi Rollingturtle,

There are both full time and Reserve positions for Graduate Finance Officers. To be eligible you will need to have completed a Bachelor of Commerce or a Bachelor of Business majoring in accounting, and be CPA qualified. This role has diverse responsibilities with the ongoing development of your financial and leadership skills. There may be opportunities to be sponsored by Defence for further studies, however this is not guaranteed.

Have a look at our web page http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/careers_explorer/ArmyMain.html, follow the headings to Officer entry/Graduate/Finance Officer where you can find comprehensive info on what the job involves and the educations requirements.

Regards

rollingturtle

thank you so much! I will check out the site,

So if I was to do a business/commerce degree would I then have to undertake the CPA on my own and then apply for a position at the defence force? Or will they take grads who do not have their CPA as yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)