• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

actuarial/eas/anu (1 Viewer)

nellyei

HSC
I know this should be in a more specific location, but i put it out here because then hopefuly more people will see it.

Basically, i got 93.05 in my UAI (ACT system) and i want to do actuarial studies and economics at ANU next year which requires 95. I have done the Access scheme.

Now my question is, will i get in? I have heard conflicting reports as to how ANU does the 5 point eas mark increase.

The one view i always thought was correct was that they automatically add onto ur UAI a max of 5 marks, and then treat u as a person with that UAI. So in my case, i would be treated as 98.05, however this stuffs up when someone gets 100-does this mean they get 105?

The other view, is that 5% of the places available is set aside for EAS applicants. The highest scoring people that submitted an EAS application wil get into the 5%.
So if the highest scoring EAS applicant was 94.95 they will get 0.05 points and then get into the course. If the highest scoring EAS applicant was 99.95 he/she will get in, but won't get the extra marks because they already reached he cut/off

Which one is correct, and do i have any chance at all?

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
You'll get 5 extra UAI points. I also doubt that the cutoff for acturial will rise past 98. You're as good as in if they have the same policy that they did last year.

Last edited:

jessiej87

HSC
it depends on each university but i was told by a careers adviser it is usually filled within 5 UAI points.. so most likely you will get in if they accept ur application

they DO NOT add 5 points to ur UAI they simply accept EAS applicants that are below by 5 UAI points dependant on each university, some only allow 2, 3 .. it really depends on the university, course and demand..

hope that is some help

ANU has what they call a "countrywide access scheme" - if you look on the ANU website it should have somewhere the number of UAI points you have to be within to be considered - at anu the EAS Method used = "bonus points"

in the EAS application book it has the ANU summary of the scheme - this is the link it has

http://info.anu.edu.au/StudyAt/_Student_Recruitment/countrywide.asp

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)