• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

adapting english essay (2 Viewers)

gilmoregirls13

HSC
my biggest fear for english is that my essays will not match the question and i'll be screwed 😭 am i overthinking this though?? i've recycled the same body paragraphs for mod b and common mod all year (has worked) so i'm praying the questions are broad. i'm most scared about mod a though, since there could be an extract question about a specific theme. i have 2 main ideas for mod a but might memorise 2 backups.

any tips for adapting or do you guys reckon questions will be broad this year??

HSC
imo the last thing you wanna do is js hope the qs will be broad, because ngl they probs wont (i really don't see nesa giving two easy hsc tests in a row). how i practice adapting is getting past hsc/trial paper qs and giving myself 10 min to write a thesis and topic sentences. ngl tho ill probs be writing full essays on curveball hsc qs tho. mod b can also assign an extract just remember/have a theme based q. if your essays have worked in assessment tasks, they're probably broad enough to be adapted anyway, it's just a matter of practicing. i would also recommend backup themes for mod a as you mentioned

https://boredofstudies.org/threads/...level-marking-experience.410355/#post-7588869. this thread has good info on adapting stuff, would recommend you take a look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)