• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Adelaide? Griffith? (1 Viewer)

wandering

HSC
N/A
I got an offer to do a Law combined degree at Uni of Western Sydney; because I don't have a UAI, and did my foundation studies at UWS while I was an overseas student.
Due to the absence of a UAI here, I can't transfer to UNSW or USyd Law--they both require UAI+GPA; my options are: University of Adelaide and Griffith.
To get into Adelaide, I'll need a GPA of 5.0 (Credit average) after my first SEMESTER at UWS; to get into Griffith, I'll need an all-pass minimum for the first YEAR.
I won't be able to do straight law at Griffith, has to be a combined degree; at Adelaide, I could do just an LLB.
It would save me some time to transfer to Adelaide; the GPA has to be higher however; as for Griffith, I'll have to study a year at UWS, though the GPA requirement is lower.
Gold Coast seems a place with more fun, but Adelaide is among the G8.
But I don't want my studies to be just theory based; I want to become a very competent lawyer in terms of actual practice.
And Adelaide and Gold Coast, which among them offers better relevant part time employment opportunities while undertaking the studies?
Oh yeah, cost of living has to be taken into consideration as well.

Oh, if I could afford it, I'd rather go to Bond.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
A C average over your first session shouldn't be any trouble, if you study and attend class. Key word here being 'if'. An all-pass minimum over your first year should be taken for granted, unless you're utterly horrible at law, in which case you should probably be transferring into another degree altogether anyway.

I gave up combined law in favour of a straight LLB stream; but in all honesty, now I'm in my final year, I can't help but wonder 'what's the rush?'. Sure, I look forward to finally being able to practice and earn money, but an extra year for an extra qualification isn't too bad. Don't put too much stock in 'how much time you can save', unless said amount of time exceeds 2 years.

T

thegovernator

hahah at your sig. law gone mad. brings me back to torts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)