• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Adfa (1 Viewer)

rockstar01

HSC
does anyone know anything about the medicine degree with the defence force ???

i could only find a little info on the site...there was nothing about entry requirements..ie UAI

RyBo

HSC
All I know is dis:

Once you get into Med (normal process) and have completed first year, you can apply. If you marks are good and it looks like you're going to pass, they will pay you a scholarship each year of your degree. I think (very roughly) that its about 17k first year, then it goes up to about 25k final year.
(VERY APPROXIMATE, DON'T SIGN UP AND QUOTE ME)
After your qualified, the Defence Force owns your ass for the number of years they paid you a scholarship plus 1. (if they paid you 4 years scholarship, you work for them for 5 years). Not a bad deal if you want to do some military stuff. You do get paid when you're working for them, but it not that much, 'bout 60k a year. You're also an officer, so you get saluted n stuff. If you get promoted, your pay goes up. Only bad thing is if we go to war, you might get mobilized and have to dig shrapnel out of soldiers for five years in bad conditions for bad pay. :p

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
dont tell me u can do undergrad med at ADFA? lol

inasero

Reborn
HSC
no you cant!...
its not related to ADFA
the military gives you money and provisions if you work for them in the future...sort of like the MRBS scheme except you're working for the armed forces instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)