• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Administration Fees.. Please do it :) (1 Viewer)

Do you feel as tho you are getting better education when you are paying for it?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

tpotloka

HSC
Hey everyone, could you all please do this for me quickly? It's for an assignment!

Thanks heaps! :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This doesn't make much sense.

We are still paying for our uni fees, though deferred, and administration fees usually deal with more of the 'auxiliary' aspects of uni rather than directly influencing subjects/courses. Those are more likely based on popularity and numbers rather than administration fees.

Additionally what relevance does this have to uni in the first place?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I feel as though the bill for education should be footed by the student as they receive a higher wage in the future because of it, and because I believe in personal responsibility. Perhaps, to say something more relevent, you'd find that noone on this forum could answer this question properly because hardly anyone's experienced both full upfront fee education and completely free (i.e. no HECS at all) education.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
We're paying for it? Would you like to provide us with a context on whatever you're on about?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I thought maybe this was supposed to be a comparison of school vs. uni - assuming school was free and uni had to be paid for whether now or deferred
:confused:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It'd make more sense if it were a private vs public thing, but high school education, paid or otherwise, still seems a fair distance from comparison compared to university level education.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Yeah I agree, which is why I was confused. Then the title threw me off, because admin fees don't relate to education itself. Threadstarter, please explain, this thread doesn't make any sense at all.

Edit: tpotloka I'm thinking of a situation not related to school or uni. Regardless of fees, the reputation of the institution is what primarily makes me feel whether I am getting a good education.
Paying vs not paying - yes I probably would feel I am getting a better education if I'm paying but would know it's not necessarily true.
Paying a lot vs paying a little - Paying more would not make me feel I am getting a better education than if I paid a little, I'd just feel ripped off.

Last edited:

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I'm assuming it was a school vs uni thing. Usually your not paying for your school fees directly (your parents generally pay), but with university you usually do.

Of course, some people pay for their school fees (maybe their parents want them to pay it back in future.lol) and some people still have their parents paying for their uni fees (for the sake of balance, imust add an 'lol' to that too). So i guess the question really may be irrelevant for some people :/
Given this is for an assignment, you better specify what your really saying before people can answer :)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I mostly agree, although some graduates (teachers, nurses) don't get paid all that much compared to others, and indeed many people who don't attend university. so I suppose it depends on the situation.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
no, i think id take a free education... i wouldnt really care

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I don't think the results of this poll will accurately reflect the opinions of the greater public and I think for it to be included in a scholarly assignment would be folly, unless it happens to be an examination of Internet forum users' opinions on education.

j_davo24

HSC
I don't think you would. At uni I've seen that international students (assuming they are paying full fees, which most would be I guess) get put in the same classes and get the saame resources as HECS students, so there is absolutely no difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)