• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

advantages of an accounting cadetship (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
hey all

alright, lets say there are 2 homo friends doing the same accoutning degree.

the first guy, max, gets a cadetship, so therefore, he gets 6 years work experience, but at the same time, it takes him 6 years to finish his degree. but those 6 years as a cadet would involve (i assume) getting told what to do by "real" accountants, and just pushed around.

the 2nd gay, jason, doenst get a cadetship, so no work experience, but he can complete his degree in 3 years, and after he graduates, (assuming he can get a job right away which is easy for accounting grads i hear), he gets 3 years working as a qualified 'real' accountant.

my question is, after 6 years, who is better of? in that i mean, who is higher up the food chain? who gets more money? blah blah bah (lets assume they work for similar companies that pay the same)

thanks dudes

S

Shuter

hatty said:
hey all

alright, lets say there are 2 homo friends doing the same accoutning degree.

the first guy, max, gets a cadetship, so therefore, he gets 6 years work experience, but at the same time, it takes him 6 years to finish his degree. but those 6 years as a cadet would involve (i assume) getting told what to do by "real" accountants, and just pushed around.

the 2nd gay, jason, doenst get a cadetship, so no work experience, but he can complete his degree in 3 years, and after he graduates, (assuming he can get a job right away which is easy for accounting grads i hear), he gets 3 years working as a qualified 'real' accountant.

my question is, after 6 years, who is better of? in that i mean, who is higher up the food chain? who gets more money? blah blah bah (lets assume they work for similar companies that pay the same)

thanks dudes
Let's remember max the homosexual could be doing something useful, say a part time Master of Business Administration or a Chartered Accountants training or something in those 3 years of full time work.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
this situation varies, and doesnt lead to who will really get or be better off.

As the full time student might have did vacationers, workexperience blah blah.

As the part time student could have learnt a lot in 6 years?

Lainee

HSC
I don't think work experience should be calculated in quantitative terms. If they end up working for the same company, how 'far up' the food chain they'll be should depend on the skills they can show they acquired through work experience. That said, a person who is able to balance study as well as work pressures at the same time indicates persistance and hard work despite having multiple commitments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)