advice anyone??? (1 Viewer)

WANTED

HSC
Hello Guys!

I am a new member to this site but I want to ask you a question I have been thinking over for a long time now. I am in yr 11, I do 14 units and I love all my subjects (Eng Adv, Eng Ex, Mat 2U, Mat Ex, Leg Stu, Bus Stu, Mod His, Tur Cont). I go to an avarage school and all my ranks are fairly good. I don't really want to drop any subjects but everyone around me is already telling me that I will have to as the work load will be too much and I will struggle and I wont be able to do good. They also point out that I don't need it so why I should do it. The problme is even if I decided to drop one, I don't know which one it would be. I just enjoy them all and want to really learn them. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do as I feel really lost :rolleyes:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Since you enjoy them all..here are some questions you should ask yourself.
1. Which do I get the lowest marks in?
2. Which is least relevant for the uni degree I am thinking about?
3. What has the worst timetable arrangements?
4. What in the world is Tur Cont?lol
You should also look at what options your school is intending to pick for each subject as some people have preferences on which they would rather do.

WANTED

HSC
:) Sorry... Turkish Continuers I meant. Well, for the other questions, i can't really say there is a distinct difference between how good or bad I am doing in them. They are all relevant to the course I want to do in the uni as well (BLaw/BCommerce)... I guess the least relevant would be Mod His and I just love the subject... I decided what I wnated to do in year 9 and kind of figured all my subjects at the beginning of yr 10 so it is really hard to drop one now. I am doing exceptionally well in Turkish Continuers by the way. Even though it scales low and is irrelevant I can't drop ir for sure. Any other options??

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I can only suggest that you look at the electives the school is choosing for Legal, English, Business and Modern and see if those are all things specifically you might like doing as the subject matter may move into an unappealing area for you and not be what you are currently enjoying so much now. Also, you don't have to drop if you are willing to seriously put in the work. I did 14 units till just recently and its doable just incredibly difficult. Just make sure you do 14 units because you seriously *want* these units. The other thing you can look at is, do you need to study Turkish now? And does your stdy have to be HSC based? Could it not be done in your own time as a hobby or something?

WANTED

HSC
Thanks :) . I don't study for Turkish at all. I don't need to I guess. So I can say I really need to study for 12 units altogether. That's why I am keen to keep the rest. Thanks a lot for the advise :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)