Advice for selecting year 12 subjects (1 Viewer)

nitsuj05

HSC
Hi All,
Im just a little lost on what subjects to drop/keep for year 12. I currently do:
-English advanced
- Maths extension 1
Studies of religion 1
-Biology
- Chemistry
-Physics
I am to go into science at uni and want to be a researcher one day. I want to pick up science extension but heard its a lot of content, and am not sure how well it scales. I also dont want to drop any current subjects (I would drop SOR but school requires me to do it, but i dont try in it so i dont really count is as a subject). if i were to really drop one it would probable be physics (by far the hardest one, and lower marks). I still have no idea what kind of science i want to do at university. Do you think 13 units with science extension would be too much? Thanks

...xD

HSC
Hi All,
Im just a little lost on what subjects to drop/keep for year 12. I currently do:
-English advanced
- Maths extension 1
Studies of religion 1
-Biology
- Chemistry
-Physics
I am to go into science at uni and want to be a researcher one day. I want to pick up science extension but heard its a lot of content, and am not sure how well it scales. I also dont want to drop any current subjects (I would drop SOR but school requires me to do it, but i dont try in it so i dont really count is as a subject). if i were to really drop one it would probable be physics (by far the hardest one, and lower marks). I still have no idea what kind of science i want to do at university. Do you think 13 units with science extension would be too much? Thanks
Science extension is a very major project based subject, you could always try it for a bit before picking something to drop?

HSC
personally never did it but from my friends who did sci ext, not really worth it when you consider the amount of effort and it's only worth one unit but if your're into the general science research as you said yeah go for it

wollongong warrior

HSC
yea, science extension is a subject you only really pick if you have a really good project in mind and you're passionate about it, otherwise it's just not worth it
If you want to go into science, picking up ext 2 maths will really help you out in 1st year, if you can't, then ext 1 is enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)