• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Advice on subjects and getting into UNI *PLEASE HELP* (1 Viewer)

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
ok so, i do Adv Eng,Business,Modern History,Legal Studies,2Unit maths and Geography.
I know what you guy's are thinking...yes i do have 12 units there and thats because im doing yr11 & 12 at TAFE in 1 year and i need to drop one of these subjects in june!

anyways, i really really DREAD maths...i know i can do well in it if i tried and im only doing it because i've been told that it is better to have it with you so when you work at least you will have some sort of basic knowledge and that most courses need MATHS...well the ones i want to do needs recommeneded mathematics.

so if i dropped maths? and i some how get the UAI required for economics or business or whatever.....can i still do that course even though i didnt do maths in my HSC?

and if i could and i need to do a bridging course, how long will it take? and is it offered at all unis?

and what courses can i do with these subjects?! I feel sooo lost....don't know what to do! please help

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
You don't need maths to get in to economics or business. Like, they wont deny you entry into those courses because you havent. However, you may find it hard to do if you havent done maths.

The only bridging course that you would really have to do would be maths, and they normally occur at the begining of the year before you start uni. The rest of your subjects will not really affect what you do in uni, they are not really subjects that are assumed knowledge.

Trajan

HSC
I highly recommend doing maths if you're planning to do a business degree as most programs require you to do Quantiative method like subjects in 1st year which are primarily maths based.

For example....at UNSW .....you had to complete Quant methods and Quant methods B in 1st year as core requirements which were part of the Commerce degree. So, with this in mind you may be at a slight disadvantage if you don't have a background in maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)