Advice please... (1 Viewer)

SPX

Hey guys, I'm in year 11 and studying Eco. I am moving on to year 12 in a few days but I'm wondering what you would reccommend me to study hard before we get too deep into the course that will eventually lead me to gaining a higher mark and less stress. Thanks....

kaseita

There's not really too much to the course. If you've got a logical mind, then once you learn most of the aspects, its more just linking them together.
like topic 2 is basically topic 1 & 3, but specifically on Australia, while topic 4 is just an extension of topic 3.
If your keen to start, you should probably just start topic 1, globalisation, and skim through it first. There's alot of statistics that you don't really need to know at the beginning, but should know later. just grasp the concepts, and make a mindmap or something.
you'll probably get a project too, on the impact of globalisation on a country, so you'd want to get started on that too. just pick a country, and see what globalisation's impact on its economy, over time, has done for it. that's like the only project I didn't understand at all, cause I didn't know what I was looking for :p.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
just know the concepts thats laid out in the syllabus
and keep up to date with statistics and trends as things change (if u use the Updated Economics series of texts, that shouldnt b a problem)
and make sure u can write sophisticated essays, because most assessments will b extended responses, so what I would do, after completing each little topic in yr12, is to make sure I have a good extended response done, up your sleeve, and left until later in the year

SPX

Thanks a lot guys, I'm sure this will be very helpful. So...any suggestions on which country to do?

Cherries

Country

Definitely China. Its interesting but complicated. Talk to your teacher about it. My school did China. It was our teachers idea and it sure sorted out who was the better students and helped to get rid of those distracting people.

sif not 99

do something like poland that not many ppl do. Basically everybody did asian economies at my school, dunno if that has to do with the fact that its a selective school and nearly everyones from there anyway but dare to be different.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Country

Originally posted by Cherries
Definitely China. Its interesting but complicated. Talk to your teacher about it. My school did China. It was our teachers idea and it sure sorted out who was the better students and helped to get rid of those distracting people.
distracting ppl?

If your having trouble with doing a case study on obscure countries (ie, trouble with research, stringing everythin together etc) jus go for an Asian Tiger (TW, SK etc) because information is much easier to come by
I did South Korea and I've got at least 19/20 everytime ive used it in an extended response

anarchy_clown

Does anyone have an assignment on china they could send 2 me?? or tell me sources they found info at ... ive started on mine and im totally stuck

Porphyria_J

China....

welll my teacher did it for me =))) plus some extra for ourselves

i think China is the best country to do because there is a couple of essays out there i think from tim dixon cause china is starting to get into the game (ie its WTO entry), tim riley text book also has China this year as a case study, and so there is heaps of info on it

keep your eye out on the papers... theres a lot here and there in the financial review and SMH on china, the impact its having on the people, and the various big blue chip companies getting into the action there

China is easy in the sense of talking about the impact of globalisation cause you just go onnnn and onnn and onn about the WTO, teh agricultural sector, and the various reforms because of its entry into the wto

so yeah just keep your eye out! GOodluck for yr 12 =))))

=(

.....make sure u can do short answers!

bulk of the exams.
easy to lose marks
can fool you
can get the marks easy!

i only got 31/40 for the trials in this section and i was kicking myself cos u can really push urself into the 90s if u go well in these.

...for the essays.

explain everything right down to the simplest forms...its worked for me....ive been averageing 17/18 our of 20 by doing this in section IV!

learn topic 1 to death.
itz a bitch.....interestin but a bitch

i love the issues....boring but easy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)