advice! (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hey ppl
i have just started yr 12. i wanna know wat is da bets 2 study physics co'z i wanna get in da top 0.1%of the state in physics in my hsc. i wud like 2 know which study techniques wud help me 2 do this?
co'z my physics teacher at skool is crap. he is worse than shit!!:mad:
he never wants 2 teach nething but only wants 2 do pracs! n :mad1: even da pracs which he makes us do r inaccurate n improper!:apig:
we thus waste a lot of time this way! i hate him n wanna shoot him!!:chainsaw:

newayz pls reply soon

Dan_the_man

Change schools :p

Don't worry if the pracs are inaccurate.... as long as you can describe what went on why it went on, and draw clear diagrams of the prac.... you should be right on the exam questions

For study jsut read over the syllabus and make each dot point into a question... make sure you can answer it correctly.. then you should be right

*Note to self- Why didn't you do that?*

Jripper

My advice to study physics....is to have a mathematically mind...don't just memorise notees.....well.....that may be a good way of getting easy marks.....but still understand the mathematicall relationship and correlation .....

Next advice is to note your syllabuse very carefully, not the verbs and how depth that require you to understand that dot point, so discuss would outweight an outline....and prepare model answers for every single dot point....especially the discuss and asses.....likely it will come up as a 7 marker....

And practice papers.....past papers from HSC, trials from school....there are not much...so get as much as you can.....

Well I am in the same boat as you....and if you haven't got spotlight Phyisc....you should get it....a ripper of a book....

professor

yea, spotlight isn't that good coz we used it in preliminary...well...its good up to a point coz the book explains it into really really deep detail and the maths used are quite challenging, it can only be useful if ur teacher follows closely on it, otherwise, if u try to study a new topic on it, its damn hard. Jacaranda is a good book...

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hey ppl
if i do da foll for physics-
all dot points
excel questions
past hsc papers
jacaranda text bk

will i be able 2 get above 95 in my hsc physics????
or is there anything else which i need 2 do???
pls reply soon
:D

professor

does your teacher give you hard test like my one??

or like what my teacher states:
'u cannot use a formula unless you fully understand the concept of it'...
by that it doens't mean what it looks like but when do use it and how...then, u will do well...

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
spotlight? we used it for prelim it was not good........... we got this massive textbook its called physics d'oh but its for like not hsc just physics in general
that text book is quite homo.

not new syllabus related :mad:

EDIT: not spotlight :hammer:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by professor
does your teacher give you hard test like my one??

or like what my teacher states:
'u cannot use a formula unless you fully understand the concept of it'...
by that it doens't mean what it looks like but when do use it and how...then, u will do well...
naa my teacher is really slack!:mad:
he doesn't do anything neither does he give ne extra materials!

i m sick of him!:chainsaw:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y

jus don't stress out i'll end up doing all of the above too:D so don't worry
i m not stressing but i wanna know!:confused:

professor

well, i mean if your teacher isn't good, it is best to do a lot of self studying. jacaranda is a must. REPEAT: JACARANDA IS A MUST. Though it covers the old(not old, just not the lastest), the explantation of the work is great.
Experiment problem: Read Jacaranda book and try to imagine whats going on. Answer the reports in the activity and you should get some idea. If your teacher is slack on not letting you doing proper experiment, ask ppl outside school to see what experiments they are doing and how they are working with it
Exams Question: To be honest, to get 0.1% of the state, you dun need to be Einstein, get Success One-Physic coz the book got exam questions with all worked out answers...then, get past papers from different schools and do it, get mark by your teacher, or get a tutor...

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
elizabethy

its easier said than done :p

it comes down to what u actually end up doing in the end and how u feel on the exam day with the questions :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)