Advice? (1 Viewer)

JackyS

HSC
Well, after my first Yr 12 assessments for maths, i did pretty good for 2 unit, extremely good in 4 unit, but very CRAP in 3 unit. I got like... 40%? ANd our grade average is 60%!
Just wondering will it be extremely hard for me to get band 6 for Ext 1 maths now... assessment was worth 15%... and i completely screwed it. It was a mix of me not studying for it, becuase it was day after 4 unit, so i cbb after the 4 unit exam, and that i completely panic'd and at the end couldnt even finish the exam.

If i come top 20/80 for the next assessments... will i make it to a BAND 6?! or will i have to aim even HIGHER? like top 10?!

And how much students actually get Band 6 for ext 1 maths from a schooL?! i go to selective school btw~ will i have to STUDY MY ARSE off to obtain band 6?

nwatts

HSC
How are you ranked in the MX1 class?

In short, no. If you perform well in the trials you can push your rank towards the top, which will help with scoring a solid assessment mark. If you then put everything into the HSC exams and come out with an exceptional exam mark, you'll round off to something very reasonable.

Remember - your actual marks mean very little - they merely determine how far apart each rank is. Where you're ranked and how you (and your class) performs in the exam are of far, far greater significance.

Lots of people score E4 (top band) in MX1 - http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/BDHSC_2005_12_15250.htm

JackyS

HSC
i ranked about 65/80 students?!

in yr 11... i came 13th in the school... but i never did really poorly in any exams?!

so im sorta worried, cos im really hoping that i can get Band 6 for EXT1~

So if i consistanly work, and do well in rest of tests, i still have a good chance of obtaining band 6?!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
JackyS said:
If i come top 20/80 for the next assessments... will i make it to a BAND 6?! or will i have to aim even HIGHER? like top 10?!

And how much students actually get Band 6 for ext 1 maths from a schooL?! i go to selective school btw~ will i have to STUDY MY ARSE off to obtain band 6?
Yes you are likely to get band 6 if you are around the top of your grade. Since you go to a selective school, it is going to be very competitive. If you find out approximately how many students got band 6, all you gotta do is get into that top section with all the band 6 students, and work your way for a good rank, because the rank is very important.

JackyS

HSC
The Board Of Studies page... when it says Band E4~ and there's a % under it... does that % mean percent of people in state getting BAnd E4?!

My teacher told me in 04' approx 70% of school doing EXt 1 Maths, got BAnd 5/6... dont know if that helps?! He didnt have exact figures for BAnd 6's... But i suppose 30%?! of school gets band 6?! so if i get around top 25 students in school @ end of year? ill have a good chance of band 6?!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
WOW it’s great that you’re committed to doing well in your HSC from the beginning. Just remember that there are still many assessments to come which other students could do badly in and also think of the half yearly and the trial for you to pick up your marks and hopefully get ahead. Since your assessment mark is worth 50% of your HSC that would make the assessment only worth 7.5% and although that is a lot it is still early.....good luck!

nwatts

HSC
JackyS said:
The Board Of Studies page... when it says Band E4~ and there's a % under it... does that % mean percent of people in state getting BAnd E4?!
Yes it does.

Also, how many units are you doing? You shouldn't stress about what band you'll fall into, just be concerned that you're putting in your very best effort. You'll be far more satisfied with your marks come this time next year, even if you only get an E3, if you apply yourself to the best of your ability.

JackyS

HSC
I do 12 units,
Do ok-ish in English
Aiming for High band 5/Band 6 for Chem/Legal
And hoping FOr band 6 for all maths
I do BIO... but i do really crap @ it... so i might even consider dropping it...

nwatts

HSC
JackyS said:
I do 12 units,
Do ok-ish in English
Aiming for High band 5/Band 6 for Chem/Legal
And hoping FOr band 6 for all maths
I do BIO... but i do really crap @ it... so i might even consider dropping it...
I don't recommend you drop anything.

It's good to have high aims. Just make sure they're reachable. It's best to make sure you're working the very hardest you're capable of, as then you'll turn out with the marks you deserve and marks you'll be proud of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)