• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Aerospace (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
Ok UNSW is spose to be like the best (or maybe just biggest) eng. faculty in all of S.E. Asia but all of its engineering degrees have like UAI ranges 75-85. Sydney has Aeronautical at 92 and aerospace at 99.3! What's the go ?

mack

Banned
HSC
Is USYD the only one that offers aerospace? Another question also, ive gotten mixed reviews about the course. Some say it is involved with aeroplanes, others say it is concerned with space vehicles and exploration. Which is it?

CrashOveride

HSC
Yes anyone doing the course please post up your thoughts :)

And is it purely because of the spaces jm1234567890 ? Would you be getting a more elite or advanced education at USYD ?

Mack, UNSW offers aerospace as well. Except also USYD seems to make a big difference between aero and aerospace whereas UNSW seems to group them together?

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
CrashOveride said:
Yes anyone doing the course please post up your thoughts :)

And is it purely because of the spaces jm1234567890 ? Would you be getting a more elite or advanced education at USYD ?

Mack, UNSW offers aerospace as well. Except also USYD seems to make a big difference between aero and aerospace whereas UNSW seems to group them together?
I hate it when people think that lower UAI means lower quality of education. UNSW has a low UAI cutoff because as jm said, there are lots of places. Reason why UNSW Engineering is considered the best is cause they've greatly expanded the engineering faculty so are able to take in lots more students.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
lol, UNSW describes why they have lower cut off than sydney constantly.....

If you went to expo you would have heard they talk about it.

but they call it "another uni" not sydney, lol

CrashOveride

HSC
expo ? You mean the open day? Thats on later on this year. And do they say that themselcvs aswell, because they have more places?

Oh and they are only considered good because now they *have* more places? How does that make them better?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
they only run an expo every 4 years

they acctually say other uni kinda fudge their enrollment figures.

i'll give their example

usyd has lowest uai enrolled of 89
UNSW has lowest uai off 83

however, usyd has average uai of 92
while unsw has average uai of 95

something along those lines

CrashOveride

HSC
Is UNSW accreddited more like is an enginering degree from them more recognised than USYD?

Also u wudnt know how many places there are for aerospace at UNSW? Ok maybe i shjud just ask them on open day :)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
lol, to tell you the truth

they'll prolly just say it is good shit and suggest you put them down as first pref :D

open days are really just to get a feel for the uni.

RCMasterAA

HSC
CrashOveride said:
expo ? You mean the open day? Thats on later on this year. And do they say that themselcvs aswell, because they have more places?

Oh and they are only considered good because now they *have* more places? How does that make them better?
I think it's the feeling that UNSW dedicates more funds towards engineering which equals better facilities and resources.

CrashOveride

HSC
I don't want to sound lame, but in aerospace do you actually do rocket science and maybe even build your own rocket for a personal project thing :D

It only talks about planes and aviation stuff. Also, I have read several times that job prospects in Australia are not so good. Perhaps only the Air Force or something of that nature.

On a final note for any UNSWers, why is teh UNSW eng. site so crap...i mean really? Look at USYD nice and professional.

CrashOveride

HSC
Hey thanks RCMasterAA!

I see you're doing a double degree, do you know of the possibility of doing a double degree with aerospace and science? I cannot recall seeing that listed in the UAC book.

RCMasterAA

HSC
CrashOveride said:
Hey thanks RCMasterAA!

I see you're doing a double degree, do you know of the possibility of doing a double degree with aerospace and science? I cannot recall seeing that listed in the UAC book.
Oh definitely you can do it.
If you want to, you can ring the Double Degree Co-ordinator in Engineering, Prof Mathews (http://www.mech.unsw.edu.au/staff/all_staff.html#Mathew) though I suggest you mail him and enquire about it.
Also check out http://www.mech.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs.html

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)