Afs jenseys 2011 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
I know there is another thread but it's kinda old.
So has anyone got accepted yet? Got my email and I have. I am so pumped.
If anyone went to Japan through this program, can you please tell us your experiences?

ninetythree

HSC
lol hi,
bit late but hey
I was there at the Jenesys festivals as a semester Jenesys student!
It was so fun to be in Tokyo becuz I was mainly in Sapporo

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
lol hi,
bit late but hey
I was there at the Jenesys festivals as a semester Jenesys student!
It was so fun to be in Tokyo becuz I was mainly in Sapporo
Did they test your Japanese at any stage of the interview? Or did they just go by your word as to what your Japanese level is?

HSC
Uni Grad
Did they test your Japanese at any stage of the interview? Or did they just go by your word as to what your Japanese level is?
They ask you how long you been studying Japanese. I knew people who studied it in primary school and they got into my group, Explore Nippon & Nihongo, and they forgotten all their Japanese in the time they last studied it years ago and when they went on it. That was flawed, few times they test our Japanese, for example, they test us in Hiroshima because the next day they put us in classes in order of how good they were, but it was all mixed up. So A wasn't the top and F wasn't the bottom. I think it was E or F was the top and one of them was the bottom because one of the groups were doing totally different to the rest.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Alright thanks. I've been doing small group tutoring since late last year and still doing it this year+Japanese beginners this year, and it seemed like they wanted people with more Japanese continuers level...I reckon I can make it through the interview. The only thing that troubles me is my Japanese.

celetii

HSC
I didnt go to Japan with AFS but when I was in Japan an Indonesian girl at my high school did.
She unfortunately only got to stay in Japan for half a year because of the earthquakes but she had a great time nonetheless.
She even came over on a Genesis scholarship and we had a great half a year :tongue2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)