• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

After office hours casual job / weekend casual job (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Any suitable jobs for someone who worked in hospitality for a few years and now working in a call centre fulltime but would like work extra hours 10-15 hours preferred just an extra $200.

Any suitable jobs that would suit me? That i can apply for in Parramatta?

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
How would we know, why not try looking everywhere else first? I.e. seek, careerone, jobsearch (maybe not, they are for dole bludgers), newspapers, mycareer, etc. I doubt many people here could help u

Trogie

HSC
Careerone and online job boards are useless, unless you want to wait months for a job. You should try visiting places that you would like to work with your resume and ask to speak to the manager/hr department/recruitment officer

in the end, perseverance is the key

Goodluck

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Trogie said:
Careerone and online job boards are useless, unless you want to wait months for a job. You should try visiting places that you would like to work with your resume and ask to speak to the manager/hr department/recruitment officer

in the end, perseverance is the key

Goodluck
I don't think that's true. I got my job within a week or two of applying on one. It varies though, some only take a couple of days to reply but some can take over a month

Trogie

HSC
yenta said:
I don't think that's true. I got my job within a week or two of applying on one. It varies though, some only take a couple of days to reply but some can take over a month
I'm only going on statistics and what's actually happened to me. My 2 most previous jobs both took 6 months from online application to the actual job-offer. I know for some people it can take something like a week or two (but truthfully, this is pretty rare).
I think the whole online job application system is terribly inefficient, employers have hundreds and sometimes thousands of applications to search through and the truth is that some will never even take a look at your resume.
I think the smaller the company the greater the chance of being given an interview from an online application. Therefore if you want to apply somewhere, try your local supermarket before you go to the Coles Myer or Woolworths websites.

I'm not trying to be negative, only realistic, I hope you're able to get another job soon, so goodluck.

Skeeta

HSC
i got a phonecall today for a job that i applied for on Careerone in November!

Trogie

HSC
Skeeta said:
i got a phonecall today for a job that i applied for on Careerone in November!
See, its shocking. My crappy job at Coles took 5 months after I saw the ad on SEEK.

Which place did u get the phonecall from?

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
I'm asking for a list of suggestions, not specific contacts

Trogie

HSC
LaZy_KoReAn said:
Any suitable jobs for someone who worked in hospitality for a few years and now working in a call centre fulltime but would like work extra hours 10-15 hours preferred just an extra $200.

where are you looking to work, customer service/retail? hospitality?

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
LaZy_KoReAn said:

THat's very vague though, I might as well say just look for call centres, cafes and bars. There are like thousands of those around. Why not just walk around parra and if you see a place you like, ask if there are any jobs?

Trogie

HSC
LaZy_KoReAn said:

I don't know If you'd be interested, but I saw Parra Subway on Church St was hiring part-timers.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Trogie said:
You should try visiting places that you would like to work with your resume and ask to speak to the manager/hr department/recruitment officer
That's the only way to do it, LaZy_KoReAn. I know it's... well.. easy to be LaZy, but it's rare that people will just walk up to you and give you a job. Gotta hunt it down and work out what sort of people they hire and decide if it's you and then prove it and then maintain it...

Suggestions for office jobs: offices. Engineers, law firms/solicitors (maybe...) architects, physiotherapists, doctors, car salesplaces, the list goes on and on and on. Just gotta open your eyes and opportunities are all around you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)